Christmas Gifts For Neighbors!

Lounge By Angelfire3 Updated 24 Dec 2010 , 7:31pm by cownsj

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 1:51am
post #1 of 24

Greetings All,
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! I want to know what are you getting your neighbors for Christmas this year? I wasn't going to give my neighbors anything until they came over w/a lot of gifts for my kids.

With the way things have been going (ignoring me, kicking my puppy, not speaking when I speak etc.), I didn't expect them to be so nice. So, I feel bad for not getting them anything. They are in their mid 50-60's. I have no idea what to get anyone. Any suggestions? I have no idea what they like either. I know they love gardening!

23 replies
cats242 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cats242 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 2:12am
post #2 of 24

My neighbors get homemade candy and baked goods.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 2:48am
post #3 of 24

I bake cookies and cheesecake. (I have such an easy and delicious cheesecake recipe, it's easy to make lots for everyone I need)

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 2:52am
post #4 of 24

Mine got eggnog fudge this year.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 2:58am
post #5 of 24

i give my neighbor a gift basket full of homemade goodies and an ornament

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 3:21am
post #6 of 24

I made a LOT of almond bark and peppermint bark. Easy, homemade, and relatively inexpensive for homemade gifts.

Angelfire3 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:48am
post #7 of 24

Thank you all for your replies. I would have responded sooner, but I'm not getting any notifications. Mods, can you fix it?

All those ideas sound delicious. They also brought over a big tray of assorted cookies, some w/nuts & some without. I'm thankful they went through the trouble of making nut-free cookies for my son, who's severely allergic.

I went out today and bought gifts for ALL of my neighbors. I got some of the kids some Candy Cane candy--sweet tarts, Mike & Ike etc. I got my neighbors 3 children toys, and my other neighbor a Cheese & Crackers w/a Marble cutting board. I also made homemade Christmas cards that has our family photo (minus my deployed hubby icon_cry.gif ).

Are any of you making Christmas cakes/cupcakes?

Cownsj , can I have that Cheese Cake recipe? icon_lol.gif

Kelleym, What is eggnog fudge? I've never heard of that before.

cownsj Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 3:59am
post #8 of 24

I sent you a pm with the cheesecake recipe. Enjoy. And I hope your husband is safely home very soon.

Have a very Merry Christmas

Angelfire3 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 4:02am
post #9 of 24

Big Thank YOU! I got it~ thumbs_up.gif

Apti Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 5:15am
post #10 of 24

Glad you were able to get something nice for everyone. Merry Christmas and HO HO HO!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:55am
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artese

Thank you all for your replies. I would have responded sooner, but I'm not getting any notifications. Mods, can you fix it?

Mods ARE NOT tech support.

However, this problem has been previously addressed in the Technical Support forum. #1 recommendation is to check the settings (preferences) found under "profile."

HTH

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 12:14pm
post #12 of 24
Quote:

Thank you all for your replies. I would have responded sooner, but I'm not getting any notifications.

When you start a thread, you have to go back into the thread and click the "Notify me of responses" box at the bottom of the page, under the thread. Starting a thread does not automatically send you response notifications unless you check this box.

Angelfire3 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 12:57pm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Thank you all for your replies. I would have responded sooner, but I'm not getting any notifications.

When you start a thread, you have to go back into the thread and click the "Notify me of responses" box at the bottom of the page, under the thread. Starting a thread does not automatically send you response notifications unless you check this box.

Thank you all! Indydebi, you're right & I'm GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY of thinking that too icon_redface.gif

JanH, Sorry! I'm on so many message boards which have their different set of rules. Mods do different things on different boards.

Angelfire3 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 1:01pm
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Glad you were able to get something nice for everyone. Merry Christmas and HO HO HO!

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you too!

Apti Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 9:13pm
post #15 of 24

Angelfire3, I just noticed your avatar; what a darling family! Are the kids going nuts and driving you bonkers because they are so excited about Christmas?

I just clicked on your profile to see if I could see a larger avatar photo (couldn't), but I noticed that you are "wife, mother, and PA student". AND YOU BAKE TOO!!!!!! So..., are, you going to run for President later? I hear that a seldom known requirement for the Presidency is that you can get by with 4 hours sleep.

Where are you in the PA program? My nephew went thru about 1-1/2 years but ended up quitting the program (divorce etc.) and got a position as Head of Animal Research in a teaching hospital in N. Carolina. I spent 35 years as a medical equipment salesperson specializing in chronic pain and severely handicapped pediatrics thru geriatrics. If I were doing it again, I'd go the PA route. Congratulations on doing whatever you've accomplished so far in the program!

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 24

I made sugar cookies for all our neighbors. There are four very large families so it was a lot of cookies. I use the no fail sugar cookie and Alices cookie icing recipes that are in the recipes section. They are always a hit.

That was very nice of them to consider your sons allergy!

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 11:30pm
post #17 of 24

Ditto to everything Apti said. (I've been doing that a lot lately--Seriously, I'm not stalking you, Apti.)

Plus, thank your hubby for serving our country. I appreciate his sacrifice. And thank you for your sacrifices, as well.

usaribbon.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 1:23am
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire3

Greetings All,
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! I want to know what are you getting your neighbors for Christmas this year? I wasn't going to give my neighbors anything until they came over w/a lot of gifts for my kids.

With the way things have been going (ignoring me, kicking my puppy, not speaking when I speak etc.), I didn't expect them to be so nice. So, I feel bad for not getting them anything. They are in their mid 50-60's. I have no idea what to get anyone. Any suggestions? I have no idea what they like either. I know they love gardening!

Ok--now take my cynicism with a grain of salt and I kinda intend to be funny here too.

If they like gardening and have kicked your puppy, ignored you etc. how 'bout some nice fresh fertilizer for that garden?? icon_biggrin.gif

No no no--you're doing the good thing--don't mind me. icon_biggrin.gif

jk jk

Angelfire3 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 3:37pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Angelfire3, I just noticed your avatar; what a darling family! Are the kids going nuts and driving you bonkers because they are so excited about Christmas?

I just clicked on your profile to see if I could see a larger avatar photo (couldn't), but I noticed that you are "wife, mother, and PA student". AND YOU BAKE TOO!!!!!! So..., are, you going to run for President later? I hear that a seldom known requirement for the Presidency is that you can get by with 4 hours sleep.

Where are you in the PA program? My nephew went thru about 1-1/2 years but ended up quitting the program (divorce etc.) and got a position as Head of Animal Research in a teaching hospital in N. Carolina. I spent 35 years as a medical equipment salesperson specializing in chronic pain and severely handicapped pediatrics thru geriatrics. If I were doing it again, I'd go the PA route. Congratulations on doing whatever you've accomplished so far in the program!

Yes, the kids are going bonkers! They are hounding me about Santa this and Santa that. What they don't know is Santa put all their gifts in daddy's closet. I need to update my profile information. Last Semester I put in a request to switch my major to Nursing. So, I applied and I JUST received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. So, I'm now a Nursing Student (Bachelors). It's funny b/c I had started my PA application process in November. I got 2/3 LOR's, I wrote my personal statement etc. I was going to turn in my application after New Years! Now, I don't have to.

Me run for President! HA! I'll have this country tore up, especially during my monthly cycle.

Quote:
Quote:

If they like gardening and have kicked your puppy, ignored you etc. how 'bout some nice fresh fertilizer for that garden?? Very Happy

FUNNY! That would be a GREAT idea. icon_lol.gif

I was trying to attach a larger photo of my family, but I'm having a hard time doing so. I hit both "add an attachment" & "add attachment" buttons, nothing attaches. I have been unable to attach photos for a few months. So, hopefully by me pasting 2 links and hitting "Img" above, it will allow some photos to be attached.

cownsj Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 5:13pm
post #20 of 24

Thank you for posting pictures I can see well. You have a beautiful, beautiful family. Everyone looks so happy, and the kids adorable. It's hard to say which of you they look more like, since the two of you look so much alike.

And congratulations on getting your letter yesterday. Things are looking so up for you, I'm so happy to hear it.

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but the kids can keep track of Santa's whereabouts from NORAD. Santa has already started his journey, and their website keeps you update throughout. http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html?utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-ct-santa&utm_term=father%20christmas%20traditions
Right now Santa is in: Dudinka, Russia, on his way to Omsk, Russia.......
Oh, and in different places there are video's you can click on where they caught Santa on video.

Angelfire3 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 6:03pm
post #21 of 24

Cownsj, Thank you so much for that link. I showed my kids and they were excited! I'm so glad they were able to watch that video b/c their little friends tried to rob their childhood by telling them that Santa isn't real. I had to tell them that as long as they believe in him, then he is real.

Merry Christmas CCer's.

cownsj Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 6:12pm
post #22 of 24

You're so welcome. We watch it every year and keep that link on the computer and check the updates ourselves. It's just lots of fun, and the excitement keeps building as you see him getting close when it's getting dark outside. I remember our local radio station broadcasting his whereabouts when I was little, and boy, you could time it just right to run and jump into bed and get to sleep in time for him to arrive.

When we were real little, my older brother was at that age when he wasn't so sure anymore. He woke up early Christmas morning, looked out our front window and saw Santa going into the house across the street. To this day, DO NOT dare tell him there is no Santa, and he's serious. (And he's almost 60 now). lol

Apti Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 7:13pm
post #23 of 24

Thanks for posting the pictures, your kids and the dog are just adorable--give them all a Christmas kiss on their forehead from your online cake buddy; I'm including the dog and hubby in that request, by the way. Your husband looks just like Eddie Murphy (and I think Eddie Murphy is awfully cute) My niece's kids are about to bust right out of their skin! (I'm like Gramma to all of them). Instead of Christmas Eve/Christmas Day formal dinner, I just went to Costco and got a ton of veggies, deli meats, fruits, pie, muffins, rolls, etc. so we could all graze tonight and tomorrow. We usually have quite a few friends drop by so an informal buffet is waaaaay easier.

The 7 year old, Mikey, just informed her mom that when she has kids she will let them open every single present on Christmas Eve! Samantha told her, "no you won't, dear". So now they have a $1 bet going that when Michaela's a mom she'll let HER kids open all their presents early. (We all know that Michaela's going to lose that bet.....)

Cownsj, I'm going to that link now and then give the kids updates on Santa's progress!

cownsj Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 7:31pm
post #24 of 24

It's a simple link, and it is there every year, but I know they'll have lots of fun with it. Look for the red things (not packages), that you can click on and get a video of Santa at that particular location.

Your house sounds like mine when I was growing up. A big spread on the table and neighbors stopping in all night, Christmas music playing, the yule log on the tv, and the anticipation of Santa's arrival. It is magical.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%