Royal Icing Or Powdered Sugar Glaze Or Corn Syrup Icing

Baking By butterfly831915 Updated 22 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm by damchick

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 5

This is my first attempt at decorated cookies but i don't have tons of time. I was wondering which one will dry faster to decorate, Royal Icing, Powdered Sugar Glaze or Corn Syrup Icing? Which do you find easier to work with? These are just for fun and I hope a surprise to my family. Any help or opinions is welcome. I know this has likely been asked before but I couldn't get it to come up in the search.
icon_sad.gificon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 12:25am
post #2 of 5

What's corn syrup icing?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 12:47am
post #3 of 5

RI will dry the fastest and it is easier to work with when piping. I generally like to flood my cookies with glaze cuz it's just better tasting, but when i'm pressed for time and have no choice, i use the ri.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 5

I tried some royal icing last night, I had a package of CK RI mix-just add water and mix. I have to work on getting my consistancy right but I do rather like the look. Mine dried with a slight shine to it, I was more worried about making a big mess with it then if I could put it on a cookie. My consistancy though sucks. I either got it to thin to pipe it or it was to stiff to pipe and then I'd mess it up when I went to then a little. What do you recommend? Would an eye dropper be better for adding the water to it for thinning? When I get hom I'll post the pictures of my cookies, don't laugh to much though, it is a work in progress. LOL. One of these days I may be 1/2 as talented as the great artist on this site.

damchick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
damchick Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 5

I like to put a little cream bouquet flavoring or orange flavoring in my ri. It will add a nice flavor and still allow for the benefit for quick hardening. All my cookies dissapeared, so Im happy with it when I have minimal time icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%