Baking Time?

Baking By likes_2_create Updated 25 Dec 2010 , 3:41pm by emiyeric

likes_2_create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likes_2_create Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 4:58am
post #1 of 7

If I take a cake recipe and convert it to cupcakes how should I adjust the baking time?

TIA!

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 5:57am
post #2 of 7

"until they're done". Seriously. I haven't used a timer in years. When I smell 'em, they're done.

Cupcakes, in general, bake in anywhwere from 10 to 20 minutes, so if you need a timer, I'd suggest you set it for 15 minutes, then check them. If they're done, then you know it takes 15 minutes. If they're not done, leave 'em in for a while longer until they are.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 19 Dec 2010 , 8:49am
post #3 of 7

And when you press them lightly on the top your finger should not leave a little dent. They should spring back.

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 7

So at what temp ?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Dec 2010 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by millicente

So at what temp ?

i bake at the same temp the recipe calls for. Anywhere from 325-350. Most of my recipes call for 350.

Cupcakeavenue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeavenue Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 7

we bake for around 15-20 mins

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 7

Different people do different things, but in general, I bake at a lower temp initially for a cake because I want the top to be flatter, and I do the reverse for cupcakes because I want the nice dome shape. So while I bake at 325 for cakes and then increase later, I do 350 or even 375 for cupcakes initially and then turn it down after a few minutes to make it have a pretty rounded top. But same as Indydebi just said, I wait till I smell 'em ... don't so much go by baking times. (I don't do cupcakes often enough to know the times by heart for each different recipe with different baking temps icon_wink.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%