How Far In Advance Can I Make Cookie Dough?

Baking By Mickeebabe Updated 17 Dec 2010 , 1:49am by icer101

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 8

How far in advance can I make cookie dough? I'm going to be making chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and many, many others for Christmas.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

7 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 8

i made mine two weeks ago, it's already scooped and in balls in the freezer. I have about 80 dozen in there right now. And i still have more to make.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 8

If I need to make it and hold it for more than 3-4 days before baking, I would freeze it

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 8

Wow. That's great. What kind of cookies do you have in the freezer?

If I want to bake on a Wednesday, can I make all my dough on Monday and store it in the refrigerator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

i made mine two weeks ago, it's already scooped and in balls in the freezer. I have about 80 dozen in there right now. And i still have more to make.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 8

i currently have the following cookie varieties in the freezer.

Chocolate Chip
M&M
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter chocolate chip
Oatmeal
Oatmeal Raisen
Snickerdoodle
Chocolate Crinkles
Sugar (drop and shapes already cut ready to bake)
Banana

I have stored for a couple of days in the fridge no problems, just make sure that it is tightly sealed so no air can get to it and dry it out. I always completely wrap it in plastic wrap and then put them in ice cream containers (the gallon ones) so they stack easier in the fridge. I can also put a couple varieties of cookies in one tub if i need to, to make the most of the fridge space.

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 8

I just finished a 66 dz cookie order for a corporate client and if I hadn't made & froze my doughs ahead I would have gone insane. I don't portion mine into individual balls dur to lack of freezer space but I wrap large portions in wax paper & put in a freezer bag. I have kept them as long as 2 weeks, and it doesn't take long for the dought to thaw out to a workable consitency.

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 12:56am
post #7 of 8

How long doess it last in refrigerator? I made some cookie dough last friday and forgot about it. icon_redface.gif I was going to make it with the "nurse cake" but decided againt it, at last moment. So now I do not know if is still good. I do not Know why I did not freeze it icon_cry.gif !
Thank you for your answer.
CIAO

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 1:49am
post #8 of 8

Soledad, rewrap it now and put into freezer. It should be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%