Chocolate Chip Wasc?

Baking By kryptonite Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 2:14pm by kryptonite

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone added chocolate chips to their WASC cake? I saw a recipe on here that called for yellow cake and brown sugar, but I was wanting to do a white version...anyone? icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 5

i want to know too! i added chocolate chips to WASC for cupcakes and i added chocolate chips to Amazing Chocolate Cake they just fell to the bottom and i don't want that to happen. i saw on food network where they toss the chocolate chips in flour first before they add it to the batter, but they still sunk. i'd love to know any tips!

kryptonite Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 5

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that....were they mini chips? They really have their heart set on a chocolate chip cake...I was hoping somebody had had some success with a CCWASC icon_sad.gif

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 5

I have made several WASC with choc chips in them.

I completely make up my batter (the full batch with 2 cake mixes) and after its all mixed up, I add about 3/4 of a bag of tollhouse mini choc chips. Most of the time I give it a quick whirl with the KA, pour it in the pans and bake as normal.
I ahave also used the same batter to make cupcakes.
Both turn out beautifuully with choc chips all throughout...no sinking.
Not sure which WASC recipe you use, but just make sure your batter is not "too runny".

Happy Baking!

kryptonite Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you, Jewels!! Do you mind if I ask what WASC recipe you use?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%