Covering Garage Doors With What?

Lounge By hsmomma Updated 17 Dec 2010 , 2:29am by hsmomma

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 4

I'm watching info. I find on converting a garage into a commercial kitchen. My question is, if you don't want to actually take your garage door out (since it would change "curb appeal"....how do you cover it on the inside of your garage? A big giant curtain? A false wall? What about the door tracks?
We are getting ready to make the move from having a commercial kitchen and store to a licensed kitchen at home. I've already worked with and talked with my inspector (same guy that inspects my store) so I know what physically needs to be done. But, I'm asking mostly for ways to make my "garage kitchen" look less like a garage. I want it to be a place where I can meet with clients if possible. If it doesn't look professional enough...then I will rent office space with a local photographer for consultations. (Still will have less overhead then the store).
Just looking for opinions from those of you who have ideas about covering the door and tracks...or pics. from those of you who have done it.
Thanks so much!

3 replies
WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 4

What about a drop ceiling so all the tracks are above the ceiling that the client can see?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 4

I was thinking the drop ceiling also to hide the tracks... could also do hanging storage and put it at the same level as the tracks so they don't stick out, but you don't loose that valuable space either.

As for the garage door, i think a false wall with insulation (unless your garage door is insulated already) sometimes that air coming in can get cold (at least in iowa... i didn't look to see where you're located)

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 2:29am
post #4 of 4

Really great ideas...I didn't even think about the dropped ceiling idea or storage. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%