Ideas For A Cake 4 Jewlery Party

Decorating By Christine1219 Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 10:12pm by MariaK38

Christine1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine1219 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all. I was asked to make a cake for a jewlery party.. I have NO CLUE how to make edible jewlery. Can anyone reccomed the proper tools/ techniques and a place to order such supplies for such a project? Thanks in advance for all of the assistance!

5 replies
MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 6

I did one for my candle party I had earlier this year. I'm not a cake decorator so I don't do molded things (I do candy, cookies, and cupcakes), but I atleast wanted to try it. I printed out edible images from the company's website to put around the side of the cake and the logo to put on the top. The consultant liked it so much she set it as her Facebook profile picture for weeks! Anyway, it's pretty amateurish, but it's not a bad idea. Here's a link to the picture...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=279855&id=567902649

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine1219 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaK38

I did one for my candle party I had earlier this year. I'm not a cake decorator so I don't do molded things (I do candy, cookies, and cupcakes), but I atleast wanted to try it. I printed out edible images from the company's website to put around the side of the cake and the logo to put on the top. The consultant liked it so much she set it as her Facebook profile picture for weeks! Anyway, it's pretty amateurish, but it's not a bad idea. Here's a link to the picture...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=279855&id=567902649

The links didnt allw me to see the picture but I appreciate the idea. Thanks icon_smile.gif

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 6

I did a necklace cake for my daughter-in-law. I bought the Amazing Mold Putty from Hobby Lobby. Michaels carries it too. I made a mold of a cameo pin and earrings I had then paint the cameo with my food coloring and luster dust. I made the pearls with a bead mold I had. I love that Amazing Mold Putty. Easy to work with and food safe. Picture in my photos. Cameo and pearls

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%