Need To Make A Chocolate Mocha Cake Please Help

Baking By Ali3971 Updated 14 Dec 2010 , 7:46pm by icer101

Ali3971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali3971 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 8

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to do this with a mix?

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 8

There is actually a recipe for mocha chocolate cake on the inside of the box of Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix I think....I saw it there before and thought about trying it.

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 8

You substitute coffee for the amount of water called for in the box

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 8

I use coffee in place of water when making chocolate WASC cakes and the coffee flavor doesn't come through - it just gives the chocolate more depth.

If you want a distinct coffee flavor, you'll probably need to add extra instant coffee to the liquid coffee. (Or just make super strong instant coffee in place of the liquid called for in the recipe.)

HTH

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

I use coffee in place of water when making chocolate WASC cakes and the coffee flavor doesn't come through - it just gives the chocolate more depth.

If you want a distinct coffee flavor, you'll probably need to add extra instant coffee to the liquid coffee. (Or just make super strong instant coffee in place of the liquid called for in the recipe.)

HTH

Ditto. My normal chocolate recipe calls for coffee instead of water. You never taste the coffee.

I'd look into maybe doing instant espresso or maybe look for mocha chips to add some texture. I usually just get my mocha in via my BC.

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 8

As previous CC'ers have post... you'll never notice the coffee over a chocolate mix, then my suggestion would be start with a white cake mix, use espresso instead of water and add chocolate flavor little by little until you find the balance of flavors

Baker555 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker555 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 8

I use my favorite dark chocolate cake recipe and just add 2 teaspoons of expresso powder per cake mix or 2-layer recipe amount.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 8

hi, i just checked over the internet. there are so many delicious looking ones out there. just google chocolate mocha cake and icing recipes. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%