Gelatin Bubbles

Decorating By Manderly42 Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 10:38pm by meenu

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 4:53pm
post #61 of 66

I don't paint, because the gelatin will firm up too fast and get gummy. After the 1st coat, the gelatin is cold on the balloon so when you dip the second time it will firm up faster. To get an even coat, you must make sure you have warmed up the gelatin in the bowl right before you dip the 2nd or 3rd time. I usually nuke it about 5 seconds (depending on how much gelatin you are warming up) to make sure it's warm.

other tips... make sure you have enough gelatin in the bowl to coat your balloon and the bowl is big enough for your balloon to be dipped easily.

mlwideman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlwideman Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:00pm
post #62 of 66

Thanks for the additional tips Sweetflowers. My attempts last night were much to be desired. My bubbles didn't have a smooth appearance like all of the beautiful ones I have been seeing on here. I will try it again tonight with your additional suggestions. Hopefully I will have greater success. Thanks again!

sweetflowers Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:14pm
post #63 of 66

OK, I posted an option for your bubbles that don't come out as smooth as you want. I'm all about hiding my mistakes... so you can cover the bubbles with disco dust and it will hide any imprefections.

I've done this two ways, after the bubble was completely dry using alcohol to stick the dust, or after the last dip in the gelatin after it firmed for a minute or two.

mlwideman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlwideman Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:55pm
post #64 of 66

Sweetflowers, you are so sweet to offer such detailed explanations and I am ever so grateful to you. I tried again last night with your suggestions and my second attempt turned out much better. Thank you for offering your tutorial. I have seen such pretty results from some of the people who have used your instructions.

sweetflowers Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 8:39pm
post #65 of 66

I'm so glad it's working out for you! I get a great pleasure seeing the results of my tutorial (or video). I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from making the bubbles!

meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 10:38pm
post #66 of 66

Thanks for sharing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%