Where Can I Buy Canoli Filling?

Lounge By mom2my3girlz Updated 10 Dec 2010 , 9:49pm by Awent9

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:17am
post #1 of 11

DOes ayone know where I can buy canoli filling online or in NJ?

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:33am
post #2 of 11

Why not just make it....Buy ricotta cheese and add the chocolate chunks or chips...Just a thought!!

tiawanna02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiawanna02 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:39am
post #3 of 11

I agree with kiddiekakes...why not just make your own, i'm sure you could find a great recipe online and you may come out cheaper. ricotta cheese is always in sale in my area.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:44am
post #4 of 11

Yep its easy to make...they sell a super smooth and creamy type ricotta that helps make it really yummy, and then just powdered sugar and vanilla and mini chocolate chips!

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 2:48am
post #5 of 11

mom2my3girlz, i have never bought it in a store i have always gotten it from my daughter in law cuz she used to work for the company that distribute it if u like i could ask her where they sell it but i dont no it they just sold it to resturants and italian delies where they sold canolis

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 3:16am
post #6 of 11

Has anyone ever seen store-bought cannoli filling? I've only ever seen it sold in high volumes, for bakery use.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 5:31am
post #7 of 11

Thanks everyone....I will definately make my own. So easy!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 6:02am
post #8 of 11

look on the net for some great recipes

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Has anyone ever seen store-bought cannoli filling? I've only ever seen it sold in high volumes, for bakery use.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Just and FYI....Walmart and Sam's sells a kit containing the shells and cannoli filling. I do believe Sam's sells just the filling. I have never had it so I can't vouch for it's taste. Being a FBI (full blooded Italian, 2nd gen) I make my own.

Toni Ann

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 6:44am
post #10 of 11

take the above recipe, and add a bit of cinnamon and a bit of finely chopped citron....fill the shells, and dip the ends in chopped pistachios....thats how we roll in Chicago...

Awent9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Awent9 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 9:49pm
post #11 of 11

i don't think my recipe is real or anything, but i usually make it with a very dry ricotta, conf. sugar, orange zest and almonds... people seem to like it though!

q2wheels... how do you make yours (if it's not a family secret anyways)... i have always wondered what it is traditionally made with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%