Making Cookies To Send To The Troops

Baking By scratchdog Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 7:25am by HowCoolGomo1

scratchdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scratchdog Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 3:45am
post #1 of 3

Hi there, I was asked by a friend to make the icing for some sugar cookies that we are sending to her husband who was recently deployed. She said there is a special icing that is used that travels well. Any ideas what kind of icing I should make? I need to make it in the morning. Thanks!

2 replies
bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 6:44am
post #2 of 3

I would assume royal icing.
For anyone else wanting to send anything to troops. I have recently heard that you have to have someone to send it to, a name. You can't just send to "random military person" because of added security.

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 7:25am
post #3 of 3

I send cookies on a regular basis.

My brother the Lt. Col, says thank you but don't do this.

Nothing sticky... no thumbprints or frosted cookies.

M.A. we love chocolate and peanut butter! Please make sure you separate them in case of allergies. The way you label every thing is great!
And I'll hurt you if you don't send the oatmeal cookies with raisins.

There's never a thank you, but he tells me men want to marry me.

I send basic chocolate chip, peanut butter and oatmeal raisin. Then I mess them up with different flavors. My brother loves oatmeal raisin with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. He normally hates oatmeal cookies, might be healthy.

They don't like the frosted stuff, because generally when the cookies show up they are stale. No one likes thumbprints unless their Nana made them (no point competing) and they don't like stuff that makes their hands all icky.

Hands can't be icky, when a gun is your best friend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%