Calling Out To Homebakers In Australia

Decorating By aac81 Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 11:22am by Coral3

aac81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aac81 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 10:46am
post #1 of 2

Hi there, I live in Sydney I have just had a baby, I am a chef and I am wanting to set up my own cake decorating business. While eventually I would like a premise of my own, I need to get started and want to work form home. It seems that in America you need to be licensed and have insurance and all that but I am just wondering if anyone knows the laws in Australia. If so who do I contact to get started?

1 reply
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:22am
post #2 of 2

I think you would need to contact your local council. In my state they're the ones who handle all the food premises registrations, health inspections, and would have all the info re: what you need to do to get your home kitchen up to scratch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%