Sugar Cookies That Can Be Shipped Overseas And Last 18 Days

Baking By luvrgirl Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 11:42am by leily

luvrgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvrgirl Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 7:42am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know if there is a recipe for sugar cookies that i can send to my son in Afghanistan? it takes like 14 days to get there, but they are his favorite. Also anyone have a easy decorating recipe for army design?

2 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 8:58am
post #2 of 3

In Germany we keep cookies in tins and they keep for a long time. I use the NFSC and royal icing, as soon as that is dry, it does keep for a long time. For xmas you might want to make gingerbread cookies, that keeps very well as well.

We usually bake our cookies in time for the first of advent and eat the last of them around New Year's and nobody in Germany thinks twice about that. As long as the cookies are kept dry, they will not mold or go off.

If you buy cookies in store, packaged ones, they ALL have a long time before expiry. Cake is another matter, too moist to keep that long

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 11:42am
post #3 of 3

It's not also the recipe, it's how you package them. NFSC is a popular recipe on the boards. I like to use Antonia's Royal icing recipe for my sugar cookies.

Once dried you can individually wrap each one. If you have a mini food sealer then you can wrap and suck all the air out of the package. Will make them sturdier for shipping and keep them fresher longer. Then pack in a box and ship away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%