Cricut Cake Users, Additional Software

Decorating By MommaDukes Updated 2 Dec 2010 , 12:30am by tiggy2

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 4

I just got a cricut so I am searching for all the help I can get. I came across this
http://www.craftedge.com/index.html looks like you can get additional patterns and fonts some free.

Hope this works.

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 4

There are actually 2 software programs available. The other is Make The Cut. Both work with the cricut, it's just a matter preference. I think you can download a trial version of both and see which one you prefer.

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 4

I have both of them Sure Cuts Alot and Make The Cut and love them both. Both have different features. You get lots of fonts to choose from with SCAL plus you can download svgs from the net that others kindly let you share. Make the Cut has a library of different images. When I bought me Cricut Cake here in NZ the distributor advised not to use these programmes as they can harm the motherboard. I don't understand as you put the programme into your computer. I think it was a sales marketing strategy as perhaps they were wanting us to buy Cricut Design Studio. To date I have had no problems with any of my Cricut machines and I have had the Expressions for a year now. Have fun with your Cricut Cake.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:30am
post #4 of 4

They want you to buy their cartridges so they don't want you using the software.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%