3D Motorcycle Cake

Decorating By Nelda4765 Updated 8 May 2011 , 11:32pm by Ursula40

Nelda4765 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nelda4765 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 9

Please help!!!!! I have a request for a 3d motorcycle cake and am stuck on how to do the support system. Can anyone give me some suggestions? TIA icon_cry.gif

8 replies
libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 9

I know that my reply comes a bit late, but I have done one now and i thought i would reply because it may help anyone else that searches for input on how to do one. Ok.... so first you need a base frame work constructed preferably out of wood and a piece of flat wood for the base instead of a cake board this allows you to screw your frame and support into the board allowing for strong support that will not allow the bike to move or fall over.

That is the main difficulty is getting it to stand up by its self. the rest is a matter of sculpting and fondant work, a large cooler, and some dowel rods for the main front forks of the bike.

libs Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 9

this is a picture of the one that i did! it was a screaming eagleHarley Davidson cake

Nelda4765 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nelda4765 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 12:48am
post #4 of 9

Libs
Thank you SO MUCH for posting the reply and the video. The client changed her mind and went with another type of cake, but my husband would love this cake....maybe I'll do it for him sometime in the future

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 1:30am
post #5 of 9

how did you make the hande bars? I made mine out of gumpaste and when I went to put them on the bike they broke, and I made them a week ahead....icon_sad.gif I wish I could do this for my son, because I ruined his birthday cake in April, t rying a motorcycle cake

libs Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 2:38am
post #6 of 9

I had a metal rod in mine that i bent, i also used a few pieces of florist wire, and then covered it in fondant since the front wasnt going to be eaten, yo9u can use wire in there for extra support.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:37am
post #7 of 9

I wish I could see the contruction of the base.......I am not much of a carpenter

tshahn7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tshahn7 Posted 8 May 2011 , 7:48pm
post #8 of 9

This was just what I was looking for. Thank you for posting this.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 8 May 2011 , 11:32pm
post #9 of 9

Unfortunately utube is completely blocked here, would appreciate some pictures, if anyone has them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%