Coporate Cupcake Pricing

Baking By TracyLouX Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 10:48pm by TracyLouX

TracyLouX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLouX Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 13

Hi I was wondering if any of you can give me an idea of what you would charge for 300 corporate cupcakes , with a buttercream on the top with the company logo printed on eac in icing ...

I have to give a aquote for a company taht has contacted me and I have to admit im a little unsure .

Thanks

Tracy

12 replies
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 13

I think cupcakes are normally priced the same way as regular cake - what it costs to make them added together and multipled by three plus more if there is a lot of work to the designs. Are you hand doing the icing or getting them printed somewhere on sheets and you just cutting them and putting them on the iced ccs?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 13

yeah, same way you price any other cake. plus extra for what i assume is an edible image as they can be pricey!
xx

TracyLouX Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 13

Hiya

Im printing out the toppers on icing , I usually charge £1.50 for my cupcakes with logos .. but it seems a little excessive because of the huge amount required , they also want a variety of flavours .

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 13

They are not a charity orgnaisation or anything are they? If not, they are a business, you are a business you have rates just like them and I don't think £1.50 sounds high any way. If they want cheap cupcakes they can go to Greggs/a packet from tesco but they wont get personalised toppers, would be my attitude... unless you want repeat business from them and think that giving them a discount this time would help ensure that?
Even that strategy depends on the company. Working for a very big company myself (not cake related icon_sad.gif ) I know even if someone was to give someone in our company a discount on cupcakes for an event here it wouldn't really be a factor for ordering for future events since it may not be the same person ordering again and ultimately it is not their money they are spending anyway. (Obviously everywhere has budgets but if there is an event once the food is within its budget thats really all that matters) Getting a special little cake for themselves on the other hand would go a lot further in ensuring repeat business!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 13

"Ingredients times three" for pricing is a falacy. If I had used that, I would have been bankrupt YEARS ago.

My ingredient cost for making a dozen NFSC cookies, when I did the cost analysis a couple of years ago, was about 17 cents a dozen. No way am I selling a dozen of these things for 51 cents a dozen!!!

My ingredient cost for making a weddign cake for 100 was around $35. No way am I selling 100 servings for $100 (and you guys would rake me over for it, too!)

Do not look at the total and think "Wow, that's high!" That has nothing to do with it. 1000 cupcakes will cost more than 500 cupcakes which will cost more than 100 cupcakes.

TracyLouX Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 13

Thank you both , I shall stick with the price I have now quoted £400 and hope all goes well :0) x

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 13

have you/ they thought about how they are being displayed/ set up? which for that price is should be their responsibility!
xx

Fezzab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fezzab Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 12:01am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brincess_b

have you/ they thought about how they are being displayed/ set up? which for that price is should be their responsibility!
xx

Hi, I recently did some corporate branded cupcakes and I worked out how much it cost to produce them including the boxes and the logo printed on edible paper. I charged £1.90 for vanilla, £2.00 for Lemon and £2.10 for chocolate. My client was a City of London firm. They were happy with the price. I think you need to make sure you don't give the impression that your product is cheap. Depending on your flavours I would say £1.50 is a good price as long as you have included the cost of the logo printing. Good luck!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 12:37am
post #10 of 13

I would be interested in knowing what decision you make on this pricing issue.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

diane223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane223 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 8:48pm
post #11 of 13

I just did 300 cupcakes for my company. I charged them my normal price per dozen--$18/dozen. Yes, it looks like a lot of money, but......IT"S A LOT OF CUPCAKES! Also, it took me personally 8 hours to bake, clean up and package. I had two free helpers for about 2 hours each. I think after doing all that, I realize the price i charge was spot on!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:04pm
post #12 of 13

$18 a doz?

::faints dead on floor::

I charge $2.75 EACH. Companies who want custom package pay considerably more.

TracyLouX Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 10:48pm
post #13 of 13

I sent a quote of £400 and thats without setting up . Havent heard anything back yet but will let you know the outcome, if any . I have probably undercharged slightly and if I get the job then I will learn from this one and charge a little more :0)
Its quite daunting asking for a large amount of money for your 1st corporate job ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%