Icing Smiles

Lounge By Joshua_Alan Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 10:47pm by Joshua_Alan

Joshua_Alan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshua_Alan Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 7

Just finished my first cake for Icing Smiles. I made a horse themed cake for an 8 year old celebrating her end of chemotherapy, which had an extra special meaning to me as a cancer survivor myself. What a great feeling to be a part of something like this and what a great organization to work with. If you haven't heard of them, check them out:

http://www.facebook.com/icingsmiles
http://www.icingsmiles.org/Site/Welcome.html

6 replies
CrescentMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrescentMoon Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 7

What a wonderful orginization. I sent them my contact info. We have a Ronald McDonald house in Hershey, PA (30 min from my home) and I would love to be able to "give back". Thanks for sharing, I had never heard of them before.

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 7

Congratulations on your first cake for IS! I've had the opportunity to make 3 for them now and it is such a wonderful organization to be a part of!

Joshua_Alan Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 7

Outstanding! Yes they are. I hope I can do another one soon!

Navyempress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Navyempress Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 7

It really is a wonderful organization. I want to volunteer for them when we get moved and settled. I voted for them in the Pepsi Refresh Project. Does anyone know if they ever got a grant? I tried to vote a few weeks ago and I couldn't find them on it anymore so I thought maybe they had.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:45pm
post #6 of 7

Wow Joshua, nice cake! Congratulations on being part of something so meaningful! You're an inspiration icon_smile.gif

Joshua_Alan Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:47pm
post #7 of 7

I don't think they did Navyempress, but they in another competition for their overseas branch right now and doing well.

Thank you very much Kat!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%