A Question For Fellow Canadians

Decorating By DinasSugarShack Updated 29 Nov 2010 , 1:35pm by cakesrock

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 15

Do any of you know where I can get paper towels that don't have a pattern? I can't find any in canada.

Dina

14 replies
KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 15

I get friends to bring them back for me. I haven't seen any here icon_sad.gif

FrostingKrista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostingKrista Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 15

I have been wondering the same thing..You used to be able to get Viva towels here, but haven't seen them in years icon_sad.gif Thinking my next trip to the states may involve bringing some back

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 15

I'm almost positive they don't sell Viva in Canada anymore. I went to Buffalo last week and got them for about 1.97 at Walmart. I just grabbed a bunch to get me through until my next trip!

MelissaAnn84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaAnn84 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 15

i couldnt find them either, went to buffalo and brought some back. Unless there is some black market viva supply, i think you'll have to cross the border!

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 15

They definitely aren't available here. You have to either do some cross border shopping, get a friend to send them, or order them from Amazon.

kakabekabunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakabekabunny Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:17pm
post #7 of 15

I just use the brown paper towel like they use to dry hands in public washrooms. I get it from a local restaurant supply store. Sorry don't know where you'd get viva. Also I've heard that computer paper works well also. Good luck.

kakabekabunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakabekabunny Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 15

I just use the brown paper towel like they use to dry hands in public washrooms. I get it from a local restaurant supply store. Sorry don't know where you'd get viva. Also I've heard that computer paper works well also. Good luck.

Isacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isacake Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 15

Thank you for the tips to replace the Viva paper towel. It is not available in Quebec. I will definately try the computer paper, sounds like a good idea.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:35am
post #10 of 15

I've also used those blue paper towels you get at places like walmart or cdn tire... I think they call them shop towels.... in the hardware/auto section.... i actually like them better then the regular paper towels - much more durable

Kailea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kailea Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:43am
post #11 of 15

Hi just wanted to add that the Blue shop Towels from Canadian tire contain a chemical in them and are unsafe for use with food......

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:45am
post #12 of 15

I plan on picking up some Viva paper towels when I'm in Florida over Christmas but meanwhile I use a high density paint roller to smooth the icing and then I use computer paper with a fondant smoother.

lololuvscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lololuvscake Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:45am
post #13 of 15

I`ve never seen VIVA in Canada either. I'm in the Toronto area.

BUT . . . the blue shop towels work great too. You can usually get them at Canadian Tire. They are like a heavy duty paper towel with no quilting. I can't remeber where I first heard this tip, but apparently they work just like VIVA.

Hope it Helps! icon_smile.gif

helenecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
helenecake Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:53am
post #14 of 15

yes,the blue shop towel is unsafe for use with food. I get my Viva paper from Plattsburg NY or Burlington Vt.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 1:35pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarks0

They definitely aren't available here. You have to either do some cross border shopping, get a friend to send them, or order them from Amazon.

Hi,

I live in AB and get them in Montana when I go down there. I have searched everywhere here and you cannot get them in Canada! Bummer....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%