Letter Cutters

Decorating By LisaBa Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 10:40pm by All4Show

LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:32am
post #31 of 33

Coral3 - What an awesome idea! I am a perfectionist and usually spend quite a bit of time (if I have a lot of letters) cleaning up the edges. I'm definitely going to try the steam method! Thank you!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 10:31pm
post #32 of 33

Thanks All4Show for mentioning the Windsor Clixstix plunger cutters!

I found some in CakeDeco (Melbourne) the other day and had a chance to use them yesterday. I have to say they are brilliant. SO easy to use. Cut really cleanly. The only issue with them is the plunger bits leaving marks on the letter, but by rolling the fondant a bit thinner and being careful only to press on the outer edge when cutting, the marks are easily avoided.

I bought the 'Groovy' letters (upper case plus lower case...and the number set because I couldn't help myself). Trouble is, now I want ALL the other sets too!

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 10:40pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

Thanks All4Show for mentioning the Windsor Clixstix plunger cutters!

I found some in CakeDeco (Melbourne) the other day and had a chance to use them yesterday. I have to say they are brilliant. SO easy to use. Cut really cleanly. The only issue with them is the plunger bits leaving marks on the letter, but by rolling the fondant a bit thinner and being careful only to press on the outer edge when cutting, the marks are easily avoided.

I bought the 'Groovy' letters (upper case plus lower case...and the number set because I couldn't help myself). Trouble is, now I want ALL the other sets too!

ME TOO!! I really love them. They are so much quicker than those darn tappits. I plan on ordering the other sets as I can afford to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%