How To Do This?

Decorating By shorty56 Updated 27 Nov 2010 , 1:59am by cohen1

shorty56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shorty56 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 12:28am
post #1 of 4

hello, hoping someone can give me some suggestions. any ideas on how to do these cake balls? are they iced in rolled fondant? dipped in chocolate? icing fondant? i'm pretty much at a loss.....

Thanks in advance!

(hmmmm, i'm not sure if the attachment is working. here is the website link to the type of cake balls i'm talking about, )

3 replies
RainbowBeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RainbowBeach Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 1:04am
post #2 of 4

My bad

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 1:15am
post #3 of 4

That's not the kind of cake balls OP is talking about.

Those are made with semi-sphere molds.

You can start out with the mini-sports ball pan from Wilton.

They can be covered in fondant or covered in a poured ganache.

Post a pic when you're done!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cohen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cohen1 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 1:59am
post #4 of 4

They are called cake spheres. Cupcake envy just released a dvd on how to do them. Ihave not purchased it yet so I dont know how it is but if it is anything like the you tube videos it should be good and very detailed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%