Yayyyyyy!

Decorating By hbarberycakes Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 3:53am by Crazboutcakes

hbarberycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbarberycakes Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 12

I am absolutely thrilled! I've only been doing cakes for a little over a year now and I found out my penguin "winter wonderland" cake will be one of fourteen in the holiday edition of American Cake Decorating magazine!!!!! I had to share with fellow cakesters on here. The hubby is happy but just doesn't understand how cool this is to me!! YAY!

11 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 12

Tell me, do I look good in Jealousy Green, or should I drop it from my color wheel?

Congrats! thumbs_up.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 12

Congratulations! It's one of the best penguin cakes I've ever seen! You deserve it!

hbarberycakes Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks yall! Theresa that was hilarious!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 12

Theresa's in rare and wonderful form today.

Hubby should be able to figure this out. I'm a little irked there. Wonder if he's having color wheel issues too??? Your work's gonna be published in a national magazine--that's farily top of the line stuff.

Hooray for you and penguins everywhere!!!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 12

congratulations, your cake is beautiful and deserves to be in the magazine.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis

Theresa's in rare and wonderful form today.

Hubby should be able to figure this out. I'm a little irked there. Wonder if he's having color wheel issues too??? Your work's gonna be published in a national magazine--that's farily top of the line stuff.

Hooray for you and penguins everywhere!!!

Maybe if it (or she) made the cover of Sports Illustrated, or the tutorial ended up in Popular Mechanics. Oh, I can smell the testosterone from here! Men just don't understand.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 10:12pm
post #8 of 12

ImageYAY!!!! ImageImage

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:17am
post #9 of 12

Congrats! What an honor! Your cake is amazing. How in the world did you get the ice to actually look cold and reflective? It's amazing! And those penguins...so cute!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:34am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Maybe if it (or she) made the cover of Sports Illustrated, or the tutorial ended up in Popular Mechanics. Oh, I can smell the testosterone from here! Men just don't understand.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

LOL! icon_biggrin.gif Ditto! thumbs_up.gif

I am so happy for you, it is an honor, and you deserve it......

hbarberycakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:30am
post #11 of 12

Haha, yall are hilarious tonight! Thanks, I knew all of yall would understand my excitement!!! And trust me I was laughing the whole time while making the penguins. I had a ton of fun making them.

JustGettinStarted: I put the white sugar crystals on the RI while it was still wet. So when I took the picture it reflected and looked all icy icon_smile.gif

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:53am
post #12 of 12

oh what a wonderful thing for you.... I am just shy of the green color too...congrats and soak it all up and tell hubby that it's like getting put on the cover of sports illistrated but in the cake world ...lol....and see what he thinks about that! Good for you yaaaay!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%