Box For 3-Tier

Decorating By mama5kiddos Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 3:33pm by rainyone

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 12

I have a cake coming up and they are going to pick it up. It will be a 3 tiered stacked (and fully assembled/doweled) cake. I need to put this cake in a big box preferrably 15/16" in size. Where would I find a box this big? My local cake supply store and Michaels only carries the 12" (x 5") size it wont be big enough.

TIA!

11 replies
Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 12

Home Depot or Lowes has moving boxes in various sizes. Here they are 99 cents. They do have the logo on it so maybe you can cover it or paint the box. Hope that helps!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 12

i pick up shipping boxes at wal-mart, they're in the stationary section by the packing tape and bubble wrap

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 12

Bakery Craft makes delivery system boxes:
http://bakerycrafts.com/Home/Items/tabid/69/SrchStr/del%20sys/Default.aspx
(scroll down the page)

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 12

I use Lowe's too and don't worry about the logo...the customers know its a large cake and are just happy its in a box for them. I tape a business card on the inside top of the edge of the box and sometimes I tape serving instructions inside also.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 12

I use boxes from walmart, the shipping boxes.

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:23am
post #7 of 12

Okay, THANK YOU all for your replies! Pretty much you just use regular ol' shipping type boxes then I see. I just realized there are no "cake boxes" for this. Now I know where to start, I'll try Lowes first.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:03am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama5kiddos

I just realized there are no "cake boxes" for this.

I guess you didn't see the link I provided for Bakery Craft Delivery System boxes. They are designed for this purpose.
Available:
17.5 x 17.5 x 11.5
22 x 22 x 15.5

Box, lid, and pad inserts to fit the shape of your cake's base.
They also have extender tabs available to add to the top of the box if you require a little more height or worry that the lid won't completely clear the top of the cake.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:58am
post #9 of 12

I have used the Bakery Craft Delivery System boxes and they are excellent. For customer pickup of three tier cake, I'd DEFINITELY use SPS for support. That scenario is exactly what it was designed for.

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:07am
post #10 of 12

I use shipping boxes from WalMart or Home Depot. I turn the box on its side so the cake will slide in and out easily. Instead of using round cake boards, I cut 2 cardboard squares to fit the box and tape them together and cover in paper. That way the cake board fits the box perfectly and won't slide around in there. Then I put a small piece of tape over the flaps, so all I have to do is remove the tape and slide the cake out.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:26am
post #11 of 12

I use moving boxes too. I just put a square of nonskid drawer liner inside the box, under the cake board. I have never had one shift in the box at all.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:33pm
post #12 of 12

I use a big rubbermaid like bin lined with non skid liner, when I deliever. They usuaully don't need a box to take it anywhere so I just drop and leave with my bin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%