Fat Daddios Cake Slicer

Decorating By pouchet82 Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 2:05pm by pouchet82

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried the fat daddios cake slice and is it any good? I know it probably doesn't compare to the agbay, but I was looking for an upgrade from my small wilton leveler. It's about 60$, so I am wondering if it is worth the money. TIA

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 7

Do you mean the Fat Daddio's Professional Cake Leveler? I didn't even know they made one until you brought up the subject, so thanks.

I just looked at it on the GSA site. I would like to hear about how easy it is to adjust, whether the sides are marked for even measuring, and how sturdy the blades are.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82

Has anyone tried the fat daddios cake slice and is it any good? I know it probably doesn't compare to the agbay, but I was looking for an upgrade from my small wilton leveler. It's about 60$, so I am wondering if it is worth the money. TIA

I just asked "Santa" the other day, for the agbay cake leveler. I would love to hear about the professional Fat Daddio's one. I have the Wilton "professional" one and it is not very good at all.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 7

One member of this forum posted a thread about how her husband re-rigged her Wilton Pro Leveler using a hacksaw blade. She posted the instructions, but I do not recall there being a photo display to go with the steps.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Mothersuperior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mothersuperior Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 7

It definitely looks better than the Wilton's one, but I have seen the Agbay at work, not just on the video on Youtube, but at our ICES meetings, it is amazing, can't wait until I get mine. Also note, Agbay is 20 inches wide and Fat Daddios only 18.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 7

Then there's this, while you save for your Agbay:

At the end of this thread:

https://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6984902&sid=68226cce6d2b0efa54729318f666a556

RainbowBeach talks about putting strong earth magnets at each end of your long knife. I thought it was a genius idea. She posted a photo in her pictures, but it was deleted by CC

It was just a knife, with magnets on each side that will keep it level.

http://www.amazon.com/Magcraft.....52&sr=1-23

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:05pm
post #7 of 7

Sorry, I didn't get notifications of replies. Theresa, it is the one where you have slice up to 4 layers at once. I think I am going to give it a try, can't be worse than witon, right? I will let you guys know how it works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%