Cricut For $299?

Decorating By Nevie Updated 14 Dec 2010 , 4:37am by tryingcake

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 2:43am
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

could someone who wanted a regular for scrapbooking be able to use the cake? isn't the only differance that there are no rings on the roller?

YES! YES! YES!

I have a plain old simple cricut. I use it for paper and cakes.

For paper I use the mat that came with it. For cakes I went out and bought the cheap flexible cutting mats (package of three at 99 cent store) and cut to size and stick that to the mat.

I've never had an issue. I learned this from the surfing many YouTube videos. I never buy cartridges. I made a one time purchase of the "Sure Cuts A Lot" software and honestly see no need for any more cartridges than the one that comes with it.

SugarMama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama5 Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 2:07pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingcake

I made a one time purchase of the "Sure Cuts A Lot" software and honestly see no need for any more cartridges than the one that comes with it.

What is "Sure cuts a lot"? software??

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:37am
post #33 of 33

It's an after-market software program that works with the cricut. Using your PC or Mac It uses any jpg, bmp, ir gif after you convert it to svg (super simple). No cartridges required except the one that comes with your machine (the machine has to have a cartridge inserted to operate).

Here a website that tells a little about it. But I figured it out better using YouTube.

http://www.craftedge.com/products/products.html

I only use the cartridge that came with it and my laptop and have unlimited potential.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%