Question About Stenciling

Decorating By vwolf Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 9:12pm by vwolf

vwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vwolf Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 5

I am covering a cake in white buttercream frosting. I am going to do a black damask stencil on the white buttercream. Do I need to be concerned about the black bleeding onto the white icon_eek.gif . Has anyone had any experience with this? If you have any helpful hints or tips I would really appreciate them. I was going to do the stenciling the day before the pick up, just in case I ran into a problem. My concern is if I do it to far ahead of time and the black bleeds.......I'll be up a creek. TIA

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:12am
post #2 of 5

I fretted so much about stenciling I just ended up buying cutters and doing the damask pattern that way with fondant instead.

I know there are several on here that are very good with the stenciling, I am sure one of them will chime in here soon. I know I would practice with it to see how it will work out too.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:45am
post #3 of 5

i HAVE NOT HAD IT BLEED, AND IF YOU BUY THE BLACK WILTON ICING IN THE TUBE, IT IS PERFECT FOR STENCILING!

oops, was not yelling, but I am too lazy to retype it. sorry!

cakesmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmart Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

i HAVE NOT HAD IT BLEED, AND IF YOU BUY THE BLACK WILTON ICING IN THE TUBE, IT IS PERFECT FOR STENCILING!

oops, was not yelling, but I am too lazy to retype it. sorry!

Agree...I've also used it without any bleeding.

vwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vwolf Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, I will try the wilton black in the tube. Will I need to add piping gel to thin it out at all?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%