Satin Ice

Decorating By Serena4016 Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 5:03pm by corpsequeen

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 4

Where is the best place to purchase Satin Ice at the best price? I have been using Wilton ( which by the way, I don't think tastes as terrible as everyone else seems to think) and always get it with my 50% off coupon @ Michael's. I was on line at GSA and couldn't believe how much more expensive the Satin Ice is (compared to Wilton). However....I'm willing to pay more for a better product because I want everything about my cakes to look and taste wonderful!!! So, I was wondering if there is a "best" place to purchase Satin Ice. Thanks!!!

3 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 4

You can buy Duff's at Michaels, which is made by Satin Ice. Using your discount coupon, it might be worth your while. I've had very good luck with it, and it's got a great taste.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 4

I think Wilton has improved the taste of their fondant recently. At least that's what I've heard.

I buy my SI from GSA.

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 4

I also use the Wilton fondant from michaels with my 40-50% coupons. I don't think it tastes bad at all! Even my boyfriend likes it and he's very picky :p perhaps next time I will try the duff brand though..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%