Airbrush Won't Hold Air Pressure

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 4:47am by tesso

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:15am
post #1 of 6

I've never had a problem with continuous spraying before when working with my airbrush. Now, though, when I start spraying, the pressure starts going down and continues to do so...dropping to 0 within 5-6 seconds. I then have to wait for it to completely build back up (about 25 seconds). When I am not spraying, it seems to hold the pressure, so I'm not sure if the problem is a leak. Any ideas? Of course I need to use it for a cake in the morning.

Help...

5 replies
Tomoore Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:18am
post #2 of 6

I posted a pic on my blog if it helps to see which compressor I have....

www.specialtcakes.blogspot.com

Tomoore Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 6

bump

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 12:42am
post #4 of 6

Could be that that the motor in your compressor is going bad. Are you feeling any leaks at any of your connections? I use a little teflon tape on any threaded connections between the airhose and the airbrush and/or compressor. That compressor does not appear to have a storage tank - if it is dying, you might want to invest in one that has an air storage tank - that way the compressor doesn't have to run continuously to have a continuous airflow.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 3:20am
post #5 of 6

I would think it would be a bad connection somewhere too, I have a quick connect and I always double check to make sure all of them are good and tight. Hope you get it figured out! (would a hole in your line do this? - just another thought....)

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:47am
post #6 of 6

check connections and hoses for leaks. They are probably the culprit. Second. make sure you have the setting correct. Make sure no condensation in gauge, also make sure the valve in the condensation cup is not slightly open, and letting all your air out. Also I couldnt tell from the pic, but I too suggest a storage air tank, it really extends the life of your compressor while providing a continous air supply with out the worry of pulsation. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%