Pointsetias

Decorating By nicksmom Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 8:14pm by anoldhippy

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 4

I have three christmas orders and was wondering how to make pointsettias in red or white for the top of the cakes. I am thinking that the lilly done with royal icing and flower nail,kind of looks like a pointsettia if you do it in the right color but it seems that the petals shouldn't be as long. If there are instructions anywhere on how to make a christmas pointsetta (royal or gumpaste etc....) could someone please share the info? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 4

hi, there is a b/c poinsettia tutorial on this site under how to(something like that) and click forums and then you will see someone has made how to go to all these sites for different flowers. its called flower tutorial. If making the r/i one, then you will use the tip 366. look for this under articles, i think. Also, on your home page, just type in what you are looking for and all sites will come up. Also , there are some on youtube showing the poinsettia and lots of other flowers. hth

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 4

I am going to try to use red candy melts and "paint" over the silk leave of one I bought. I thought I would turn the leaf inside out and paint over it. Keep your fingers crossed for me... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%