I Am Soooooo Trying This !!!

Decorating By tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Updated 26 Nov 2010 , 9:24pm by corpsequeen

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 1:08am
post #31 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggysmack

Hmmm Lemon would be good too

icon_surprised.gif MMMMMmm maybe the lemon with the yellow cake ??? thumbs_up.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 1:27am
post #32 of 60

I agree. It does look rather gross. I certainly don't fine it appetizing at all. I don't like the turducken either.

Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:17pm
post #33 of 60

Made the Cherpumple yesterday just to see if it's gonna be something I'd like to do for Thanksgiving. All I can say is....Oh My Gosh!!! icon_surprised.gif

It was delicious!! Everyone just loved it and I will definately be making this for Thanksgiving!

I didn't stack my cakes for the sole purpose of satisfying the hubby...he's not a fan of pumpkin.

But I'm telling you, if you're looking for something different, this is it icon_smile.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:42pm
post #34 of 60

Not a very pretty cake, but I sure would like to try a slice of it.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:46pm
post #35 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodrill604

Made the Cherpumple yesterday just to see if it's gonna be something I'd like to do for Thanksgiving. All I can say is....Oh My Gosh!!! icon_surprised.gif

It was delicious!! Everyone just loved it and I will definately be making this for Thanksgiving!

I didn't stack my cakes for the sole purpose of satisfying the hubby...he's not a fan of pumpkin.

But I'm telling you, if you're looking for something different, this is it icon_smile.gif

too cool! any photos?

cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:50pm
post #36 of 60

In the video he used cream cheese frosting. I love cream cheese frosting, but can't imagine it on that combination. Anyone make a cherpumple using other flavors of frosting? If so, what flavor and how did it turn out?

LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:56pm
post #37 of 60

I think I will try this. Maybe one at a time and at a later date do all 3 together.

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 1:43am
post #38 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodrill604

Ok now I am really intrigued !!! Can't wait thumbs_up.gif

cownsj Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:01am
post #39 of 60

I think I told everyone I talked to on the phone today about this cake.... LOL At first each and everyone said EWWWWWwwww. But the more we talked, the more intrigued everyone got, and a couple even said they might try doing a single layer and tasting it, and then....... maybe more layers. And none of them are cakers.

The strange things that catch our attention.........

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:23am
post #40 of 60

Good grief - my blood could hardly get through my heart after seeing all that sweetness.
Interesting concept - but i think for my waist line and heart - i might just give it a miss... icon_wink.gif

For a *caker* i have a very savory tooth.

Bluehue

travmand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travmand Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:28am
post #41 of 60

Yuck!! reminds me of getting gravy in my corn....or pancake syrup on my eggs icon_redface.gif

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:30am
post #42 of 60

Sorry, but I have to say....YUCK! Am I the only person who thinks that just looks revolting!?

cownsj Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:16pm
post #43 of 60

It definitely looks revolting, but after watching the video, it begins to grow on you.

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 12:02am
post #44 of 60

I am super excited to be trying this this thanksgiving!! Instead of making all 3 layers though i am making a two tiered cake. The bottom tier is pumpkin pie/spice cake and the top tier is apple pie/vanilla cake. I'm going to use a whip cream filling on both. I Hope they come out good!

cownsj Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 12:09am
post #45 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsequeen

I am super excited to be trying this this thanksgiving!! Instead of making all 3 layers though i am making a two tiered cake. The bottom tier is pumpkin pie/spice cake and the top tier is apple pie/vanilla cake. I'm going to use a whip cream filling on both. I Hope they come out good!

I hope you'll let us know how it tastes......

corpsequeen Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 1:49am
post #46 of 60

oh i will! they took a lot of time to bake, the pie seemed to keep the batter on top from heating up as fast. thankfully the bottom doesnt seem dry but silly me was so excited to make them i forgot to grease my pans and had a heck of a time getting them out!

cownsj Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 1:57am
post #47 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsequeen

but silly me was so excited to make them i forgot to grease my pans and had a heck of a time getting them out!

Oh geeez, no. I can see that happening though, so easily. I meant to pick up the "fixin's" to try at least one tier, but forgot. Maybe on Friday I'll get everything I need while it's all still on sale.

corpsequeen Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 5:26am
post #48 of 60

My tiers baked extremly uneven because of the different sized pies I used and since I can't really level it to make them even i Decided against decorating/stacking them. I just frosted them with whip cream so they arnt pretty :p I will report back tomorrow with the families opinions and possibly pictures icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 6:52am
post #49 of 60

omg I would never make this monstrosity.....its a mess....why ruin a peerfectly good pie lol.........to each their own I guess.......crazy

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 7:55am
post #50 of 60

I agree with purplebutterfly on this one.. gross. It represents a tub of lard wrapped in frosting.. in fact, I think a tub of lard would be prettier lol.. think I'll skip on this one

cownsj Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 5:42pm
post #51 of 60

It's definitely not a pretty cake, not by any means. And I don't think you could get it to look pretty enough to decorate without having gallons of frosting on it. But I don't think it was intended to be a cake to be decorated pretty; it's all about how it tastes. So if I hear some good reviews on taste, I'm going to try it.

ThePurpleButterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePurpleButterfly Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 8:29pm
post #52 of 60

I was saying gross for the health factor. A regular cake is high enough in fat/sat fat/trans fat, calories and sugar without added 3 pies to it. thumbsdown.gif

cownsj Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 10:34pm
post #53 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurpleButterfly

I was saying gross for the health factor. A regular cake is high enough in fat/sat fat/trans fat, calories and sugar without added 3 pies to it. thumbsdown.gif

DEFINITELY not something you would want to eat every week. lol Well, if it's good enough, maybe you'll "want to", but hopefully wouldn't eat every week.

corpsequeen Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 4:02am
post #54 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurpleButterfly

DEFINITELY not something you would want to eat every week. lol Well, if it's good enough, maybe you'll "want to", but hopefully wouldn't eat every week.

i agree! theres nothing wrong with indulging occasionally, specially on a food oriented holiday such as thanksgiving!

corpsequeen Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 4:12am
post #55 of 60

so to wrap up my cherpumple experience: the pumpkin was delish! the apple was meh but this was because i baked them differently.

for the pumpkin i baked one layer of the cake with the pie in it and one layer of just cake. as i mentioned before the pie causes the batter to bake much slower and it needs a lot more time to finish the batter on top. so with the pie to cake ratio it was amazing and perfectly moist (specially with an extra dollop of whip cream icon_wink.gif ) this is deff the way to go for anyone who tries this!

for the apple pie i bought two small apple pies from walmart (the only place i know of that sells already made tiny pies) and baked them into each layer..this caused the cake to be very dry. while it was still enjoyed by my cousins the adults didnt enjoy it nearly as much as the pumpkin one!

i am in the middle of adding pictures so anyone who wants to see them can look there!

Bluehue Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 4:33am
post #56 of 60

For the life of me, i cannot fathom this - putting aside the clogging of my blood - i just don't get the whole cherpumple experience.

The more i look at these cakes the more i think blahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I nearly fell off my chair when i read that you actually put an apple pie into a cake - icon_surprised.gif
I am assuming that apple pie was pastry with apple in it - yes?

And people atucally PUT that into cake batter and then cook it - yes?

And THEN you do the same with the pumpkin part of the cake - yes?

I clearly remember handing someone back a plate when they served me Tripe (linning of a cows stomach) and have to say - i would most certainly hand back the plate if someone handed me a piece of cherpumple.

I thought it interesting when i first saw this thread - but now that i have had time to *digest* it - i think its the most revolting cake thing i have ever heard of .................or seen.

Whats even more puzzling is - why would anyone even want to make it - LET ALONE FORCE THEMSELVE TO EAT IT ................. beats me.

Honestly - it looks like something the next door neighbours cat threw up. tapedshut.gif

Bluehue

corpsequeen Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 5:04am
post #57 of 60

your missing out! tripe is delicious by the way.. guess you will never experience the amazing joy of menudo! yum!

Bluehue Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 5:19am
post #58 of 60

[quote="corpsequeen"]your missing out!
You think - lollll

tripe is delicious by the way..
For those who choose to eat it - or it is part of their staple diet - fine - but i prefer the cleaner cuts of Beef..

guess you will never experience the amazing joy of menudo! yum!
Again - if that is your diet - go right ahead - but all the corriander, chillis, lime and capsicon can't hide the fact that its tripe..... but then perhaps you are referring to Menudo - the boy band from the 70's.
Yes, i am old enough to remember them - even all the way over here in Australia.

Bluehue
[/quote

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 5:20am
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

For the life of me, i cannot fathom this - putting aside the clogging of my blood - i just don't get the whole cherpumple experience.

The more i look at these cakes the more i think blahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I nearly fell off my chair when i read that you actually put an apple pie into a cake - icon_surprised.gif
I am assuming that apple pie was pastry with apple in it - yes?

And people atucally PUT that into cake batter and then cook it - yes?

And THEN you do the same with the pumpkin part of the cake - yes?

I clearly remember handing someone back a plate when they served me Tripe (linning of a cows stomach) and have to say - i would most certainly hand back the plate if someone handed me a piece of cherpumple.

I thought it interesting when i first saw this thread - but now that i have had time to *digest* it - i think its the most revolting cake thing i have ever heard of .................or seen.

Whats even more puzzling is - why would anyone even want to make it - LET ALONE FORCE THEMSELVE TO EAT IT ................. beats me.

Honestly - it looks like something the next door neighbours cat threw up. tapedshut.gif

Bluehue

I'm with you on this 100%, Bluehue. It looks like a hot mess to me, too. I can't even imagine. Those don't even sound like flavors that would go well together. It just looks revolting to me.

corpsequeen Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 9:24pm
post #60 of 60

Well my pictures were taken down since it wasn't a "decorated" cake. I'll have look into attaching them to the thread next time I'm at a computer for anyone who was interested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%