Black Fondx Elite

Decorating By gbbaker Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 2:56am by Karen421

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 13

Has anyone used the black Fondx elite? I have been displeased with the black fondants I have tried( Satin Ice ,Duff, chocopan). I am looking for something that acts like my regular fondant.

12 replies
NatalieC923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieC923 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 13

I haven't tried it, but I would also love to hear the answer. All the black I have tried is too soft and a bit sticky.

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:58am
post #3 of 13

I bought the black fondx elite at OSSAS show this fall. I don't normally work with fondant so can't tell you about how it works. I added tylose and used it in my Circut to cut black cats and bats for Halloween cookies.

gbbaker Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 2:28am
post #4 of 13

I am curious if it stays pliable, I thought duff's was too stiff and satin ice cracked(I rolled both types between clear plastic). Just very disappointed by both.

Sweetgrl1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetgrl1963 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 2:59am
post #5 of 13

Fondex is all I use. I love the black elite. Works as well as the virgin white as far as I'm concerned. I use lots of the elite colors purple, hot pink, lime , red all fantastic

gbbaker Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks sweetgirl, I was hoping it was better. I can't wait to try it.

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 13

I too have tried the Fondex black elite. Like all the Fondex products it works great and is much cheaper then Satin Ice. And a bonus, the black elite has a choc flavor. Yum.

gbbaker Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 13

Thank-you for your input.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 13

Great info! I tried black Satin Ice and it cracked, didn't like it at all. I even called S.I office thinking the batch was bad. They checked the batch # and tried it out themselves, called me back and said No there was nothing wrong with their fondant. So I guess it's supposed to look like that. (cracked). Glad to hear there is a decent black fondant out there! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:48pm
post #10 of 13

Fondx is so much better to work with then SI, and thats from plenty of user experience.
SI was dry, cracking, and then the fondx elite was smooth, pilable and easy to use thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
Jodi icon_smile.gif

gbbaker Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:08am
post #11 of 13

I had the same problem with SI, I am not a fan.

roweeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roweeena Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:34am
post #12 of 13

If you have problems with black fondant knead some chocolate fondant and a bit of white into it. One hard fondant, one soft and squishy fondant and you get one pliable smooth and still black fondant.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 2:56am
post #13 of 13

I loved the black fondx, it stayed pliable and draped really well without cracking! thumbs_up.gif

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1848379

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%