Molds From Pressed Flowers

Decorating By queenanneslace Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 3:15pm by queenanneslace

queenanneslace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenanneslace Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hello!
Is it possible to make a mold from a pressed Queen Anne's Lace flower? It is the logo of my cake business. I would like to make cupcakes with the image molded or stamped onto the fondant or chocolate to give as samples as a promotion. My actual logo is an ink drawing I made of the flower. Have you any advise for me? I very much appreciate it!
Thanks, Ann

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 5

I don't think something that soft/fragile would work but I'm not positive. My idea for you is that you can find artificial QAL and that has more structure and that might be an option to make a mold from. But still it's so lacey.

I love QAL --I think it is an underused, underappreciated flower. And I was very surprised to find it as an artificial flower.

I think I got it at Michael's.

But a stamp would be a lot easier I think. But all I know about that is take your drawing to the stamp maker.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 5

Hi! I loved the QAL until I moved here to Missouri where it pops up all over in my perennial beds with a huge taproot making it difficult to dig out! Just kidding, it is a lovely plant all along the roadsides and beautiful when dried.
I suggest you check out the thread on MYOM here on CC. Chef Dominic does wonders with real lace. His product doesn't set up too quickly, giving you needed working time. With practice and patience I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible. It would be really cool as that is your logo. (By the way, he is surprisingly accessible and so willing to offer assistance.) Good luck.

Jan

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanneslace

Hello!
Is it possible to make a mold from a pressed Queen Anne's Lace flower? It is the logo of my cake business. I would like to make cupcakes with the image molded or stamped onto the fondant or chocolate to give as samples as a promotion. My actual logo is an ink drawing I made of the flower. Have you any advise for me? I very much appreciate it!
Thanks, Ann

Hi Ann,

You can make a mold from a pressed Queen Anne's Lace flower. The method you would use is very much like making a lace mold. You can watch the free video here:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/754/how-to-make-your-own-lace-molds

Another method you may want to consider is to take your logo to a laser engraver who can reproduce your logo in acrylic with a raised design like a rubber stamp. It would be very easy to make a mold from this..

At Your Service,

Dominic icon_smile.gif

queenanneslace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenanneslace Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:15pm
post #5 of 5

Wow! Thanks for all the good advise on making a mold from Queen Anne's Lace. I will certainly be ordering from the MakeYourOwnMolds site to give it a try. I appreciate all those who responded. God bless you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%