Ugh....can This Be Fixed :(

Lounge By madgeowens Updated 30 Oct 2010 , 12:00am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 15

Decided to try a new mmf recipe, and was in a hurry because i had to go pick up grandson....I used corn syrup, gycerine and cs....and I could not figure why the batch was too small........until a little bit ago it dawned on me.....I forgot the marshmallows..............omg.......can I fix this or is it like really awesome gumpaste.........icon_sad.gif I wonder if I heat up this mound and then throw in melted marshmallows will it be a mushy mess.........what can I do?????

14 replies
fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 15

LOL, that is just like something I would do! I remember the time when I made banana splits for company and umm forgot the bananas haha! IMO I would think it would be best to toss it and start again, I am not sure that can be salvaged, seems like even if it could it would not be the right consistency and you would struggle with it-best just to start again.

madgeowens Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 15

wahhhhhhhhhhh......its so nice and soft and lovely.......wonder if it tastes good lol or rolls out noice without marshmellows....it feels so nice......grrrrrrrr

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:09am
post #4 of 15

I think it can. It's worth a try

madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:10am
post #5 of 15

How?????

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:27am
post #6 of 15

Marshmallows are cheap - I'd give it a go. I would break up the mound into small pieces then mix them through your molten marshmallow mix. JMHO.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 12:29am
post #7 of 15

Do you have some leftover powdered sugar? I would try to flaten out the stuff you already have and try to make it a bowl, put the melted marshmellows in it. cover with the powdered sugar, grease the hands and start kneading.

madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 1:29am
post #8 of 15

ok I will have a go at it hehehe.......let ya know what happens...........it didnt dawn on me until I was at the super ,arket and saw marshmellows that oh $#%$ I forgot to use them lol....I must be getting old er

Evoir Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 2:14am
post #9 of 15

LOL Madge - I think we all have had those kinds of days icon_smile.gif

I remember once finishing a difficult 2-tier cake and just sitting down to put my feet up with a coffee...about 15 minutes later I've jumped up and shrieked "OMG I've forgotten the &%$#@*& dowels!!!!"

Luckily, a fixable mistake (but still a PITA) LOLOL

madgeowens Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 5:31am
post #10 of 15

OMG you guys rock.....it worked.........well I don't know how good the fondant is, but it kneaded in just fine after warming it up and spooning marsh in with....thanks so much....

I have done so many weird things I know I could never go back to nursing...I would misplace a patient hahaha

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 6:01am
post #11 of 15

No worries - I almost left the house today to deliver cookies that I forgot to load in the car!!!

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 6:29am
post #12 of 15

madgeowens, I have seen quite a few posts of yours lately .....
Looks like you are going thru a rough patch right now...think you need to take a break, sit down, have a cup of coffee/tea and just chill out for a few days.

EvMarie, what can I say...got too much on the mind??

Evoir, I just chuckled when I read your post....OMG!! think I would have cried had that been me..

You girls sure keep one going here with all your "quirky" comments.

Keep it up, it makes life very interesting! icon_biggrin.gif

Jillfcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillfcs Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 8:37am
post #13 of 15

Im right there with you ladies I call it the pause menopause that is! How the heck did I ever raise three kids while running a business?

Evoir Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 10:43pm
post #14 of 15

I know right?

I said to my husband the other night that I don't think they I have ever worked harder and been more busy than I am now! And the business (home-based) was meant to be something I could do from home, be here for the kids etc etc...these days I look back fondly on my fulltime job as a PT and well, kind of long for the spare time, LOL! I guess adding kids into the equation tends to make any job busier icon_smile.gif I have to say I have never been happier with my 'career' than I am now running my business.

Madge - yay! I am happy you salvaged your MMF icon_smile.gif

And as for menopause...yeah, can't blame that old chestnut just yet. Even went to see my doctor b/c I thought I was having early onset menopause, but apparently the tests say no! So, its just plain early onset dementia for me icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 12:00am
post #15 of 15

lol I dont know, I was not this wifty when I was younger...jeeze.....tonight I went to soften butter to spread on toast, and it was pourable till I remembered it lol......well this is a new mmf recipe, so if its weird I ownt blame the recipe quite yet lol....but it looks great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%