Need A Filling To Complement Vanilla Kahlua Cake, Please!

Decorating By Motta Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 2:04pm by Chasey

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 6

The title says it all.....please help me out if you can. Thanks!

5 replies
pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 6

There is a recipe on here for Bailey's Irish buttercream... and I used as a filling for a cake with Kahula sryup and coffee BC.

morrisaz2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morrisaz2004 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 6

I just made this a Kahlua cake with a Kahlua Cream Cheese filling. I was told by several people that it was the most delicious cake they have ever eaten. It really did taste wonderful. Good luck!

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 11:57am
post #4 of 6

I agree totally with the Bailey's Irish Cream. I recently made a Bailey's whipped ganache. It was just regular 2:1 ganache, then I added Bailey's to taste and whipped it up. (I heated the Bailey's first to remove the alcohol because it would also be served to kids... I wouldn't bother with this step if it was just for grownups.)

My methods are totally non-scientific, though. Glub-glub-glub. Mix, mix. Taste. Glub-glub. Whip, whip, whip. Taste. Glub. Mix. Hand to hubby to taste. Glub-Glub. Taste. Perfect! icon_lol.gif

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone! I hadn't thought of Bailey's....I know there's a drink out there with Bailey's and Kahlua but not sure what the name is. I'll give these fillings a "go" and test them out.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 6

Good news for Bailey's lovers....there is now a refrigerated coffee creamer that is Bailey's flavored! No worries about alcohol in the filling. And cheaper. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%