Wilton Gumpaste Flower Kit

Decorating By wendalls Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 9:37pm by Jamielc

wendalls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalls Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi

So I bought this kit and frankly I'm a little disappointed. The tools are so cheap and the cutters are tiny (I guess I like larger flowers) the veiner doesnt seem to work well ithr.

To be honest I am a total newbie, but am finding it more fun to play with the gumpaste making up my own ideas at the mo.

Maybe its a matter of time - but I'm keen to know what anyone else has thought of this kit. HHave I wasyed my money??

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30D6EB-475A-BAC0-5E5EF66C57041711&killnav=1

PS in New Zealand this kit is $55 so much cheaper in US - specailly with current exchange rates.

3 replies
mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 4

I was a little disappointed with the kit too, but I have been able to use some of the cutters to my satisfaction. I did not use the book for instruction at all. I use my DVDs that I have bought from respected cake artists. Don't give up, just add this kit to your collection.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 4

The tools are garbage. The cutters are useful for small flowers though. I bought the kit more than ten years ago and I still use the cutters regularly.

Jamielc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamielc Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 4

I have the kit as well. I find it decent enough to learn basic flowers with ... than you can move up to larger and more specific flowers. The kit is limited, but a decent enough place to start.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%