Cakes With Moving Parts

Decorating By simplysweetbygigi Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 3:03am by simplysweetbygigi

simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:18am
post #1 of 6

Ok I just got a call for a cake for Nov 13th. The client wants a tipsy turvy cake with 4 tiers. I was a little worried at first because I already have 4 major cakes for the same weekend but took the order any ways figuring I will just push myself. I don't really need to see my dh or lids that week anyways. Now she calls and asked me if I could possible make the entire cake rotate. At first I said no but she gave me an offer I couldn't refuse --- a ridicules amount of $$$$$. Now I am panicking never did this. Can someone give me a website where I cam get such a base that turns. Figuring the cake might weight 50 lbs or more. PLEASE HELP!!! Don't you love a good challenge?

5 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 6

I once used a rotating dessert stand from WalMart.. it was made by GE i think..was 3 tiers, but you can take it apart.... maybe take a peek around your local store...

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:23am
post #3 of 6

Rotating Christmas tree stand? Stereo turntable?

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:43am
post #4 of 6

restaurant supply would be your best bet...you will be able to buy or rent one with ease....and it will hold the weight of the cake and be solid weight on table, less likely to tip over icon_smile.gif

HTH

Miss Lizzy

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:00am
post #5 of 6

Love this topic..so neat! That should be fun! Good luck and make sure you let us know what you ended up doing!!

Jenifer

simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:03am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Rotating Christmas tree stand? Stereo turntable?

O tried the stereo turntable but won't hold weight. Now I'm on the hunt for the tree stand. Thanks for the good idea. Will post when I figure out what I will be using. Hope this works

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%