Filling For Pumpkin Cake

Decorating By DCHall Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 1:28pm by DCHall

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 8

I am making a pumpking cake with cream cheese icing. Any suggestions for a filling other than more cream cheese icing?

7 replies
jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 8

Caramel filling?? OR if too sweet, then add a whipping cream with cinnamon in it to take away some sweetness.

That's all I can think of.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 8

I made a pumpkin cake and used pecan praline filling. Made homemade pecan pralines, chopped them, and added praline flavoring to buttercream (instead of vanilla.)

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 8

I just made a pumpkin cake for Thanksgiving. I also did a cream cheese icing. I used a stabilized whip cream filling with a tiny bit of pumkin pie spice. It turned out great!

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 8

I just made a pumpkin cake for Thanksgiving. I also did a cream cheese icing. I used a stabilized whip cream filling with a tiny bit of pumkin pie spice. It turned out great!

DCHall Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:01am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the replies. They all sound really good!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:15am
post #7 of 8

I made some pumpkin cupcakes with a pumpkin spice filling. Basically I took 1 cup of Swiss Merengue Buttercream and mixed in one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Then I added 4 oz whipped cream cheese (you can buy a tub of whipped cream cheese at Walmart for $1). These were the best pumpkin cupcakes I have EVER made!

DCHall Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:28pm
post #8 of 8

I am leaning towards either a pumkin spice mousse or whipped dulce de leche filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%