Marzipan???

Decorating By emilyiacobucci Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 8:34pm by what_a_cake

emilyiacobucci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyiacobucci Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 4

I have someone that wants a white cake with marzipan frosting? I have never heard of it so i goggle it ,it seems to similar to fondant?? But I'm not sure. Anyone ever worked with it, if so do you make it or buy it? and do you put butter cream under it?

3 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 4

marzipan is the same as almond paste. It is similar to fondant in that you roll it out and cover a cake similar to the method you use with fondant. I normally use it on fruit cake and then it gets a layer of apricot preserves between the cake and the maripan. I've never heard or tried to use buttercream under it, so maybe someone else will be able to help.

you can buy it or make it yourself

emilyiacobucci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyiacobucci Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 4

thanks so much for the reply. Do you put it between the cake layers or just use the preserves?

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 4

Marzipan is worked like fondant but tastes much better. Haven't used buttercream but Princess Torte has lots of whipped cream undernead the beautiful green tinted marzipan, so honestly think buttercream will go ok.

If you're going to go for it, I suggest you make your own (only if you own a food processor). Store bought is expensive and flavor is better on homemade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%