Cupcakes

Baking By grandma55 Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 11:38am by grandma55

grandma55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandma55 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 6

does anyone know why cupcake papers pull away from the cupcake after they cool off?

5 replies
MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 1:52am
post #2 of 6

there are a number of reasons. sometimes it's the humidity in the air, or the cupcakes are sitting too close to each other when cooling. some people say to cool them totally in the pan; some say to take them out immediately. you just have to play around and do what works for you.
this is what I've done to combat the problem. I only use Reynolds white liners, and I fill them so that they rise a little bit over the edge of the liner. I bake at 325 instead of 350. I take them right out of the pans and make sure they're not touching when cooling. After they're cool but before they're decorated, I put them in a cake box and close the lid, but not all the way. I read on here somewhere that putting them in an airtight container can lead to the liners separating from the cupcake.
I think that's about it. Good luck to you!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 6

Welcome to CC, Grandma! Thanks for the question.

and Maria, thanks for the answer, I was wondering that also.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:16am
post #4 of 6

My experience with that problem has been too much fat in the recipe. I have a couple cupcake recipes that call for cream cheese in the batter and those always pull apart regardless of how or how long they cool. It's very frustrating because the cupcakes taste amazing...they just look sick. thumbsdown.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 7:10am
post #5 of 6

I have never had one pull away from a Reynolds liner. I am considering using these exclusively in my business, especially now that they come in different colors and patterns. I only bake extra moist, full fat cupcakes and this is my only insurance policy. I did get some brown foil ones from etsy and so far, so good, but not enough experimenting yet. Reynolds are more expensive, but I never have to redo, and to me, it is worth it.

grandma55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandma55 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:38am
post #6 of 6

thank you everyone for your tips! very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%