New Cricut Imagine.. I Wonder If..????

Decorating By cutiepiecupcake Updated 9 Oct 2010 , 4:32am by cutiepiecupcake

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 5

The new Cricut Imagine has been released.. cutter & printer in one! I'm fairly jumping the gun here with my over enthusiastic excitement as I have only just purchased the Cricut Cake and haven't even set hands on it yet lol, but I wonder if the ink cartridges would be compatible with edible ink? If one can modify the Cricut Expression there is hopefully a way to modify the cutting component in the Imagine to be compatible with fondant or gumpaste??!! Thoughts?

4 replies
conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepiecupcake

The new Imagine has been released.. cutter & printer in one! I'm fairly jumping the gun here with my over enthusiastic excitement as I have only just purchased the Cake and haven't even set hands on it yet lol, but I wonder if the ink cartridges would be compatible with edible ink? If one can modify the Expression there is hopefully a way to modify the cutting component in the Imagine to be compatible with fondant or gumpaste??!! Thoughts?

Yes, i was thinking the same thing I even ask provo craft and they never answer my e-mail. icon_smile.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 5

Provocraft got tired of people buying the cricut, and then also purchasing an unrelated program like SCAL or MTC (like I did), so the new Imagine has no way to be connected to a computer. I would go with another brand rather than the cricut. Check out Linda McClure and the Silhouette. I hear it works much better w/ fondant/gumpaste than the cricut.

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 3:56am
post #4 of 5

I looked at the Imagine and I don't think you would be able to run a frosting sheet or gum paste through it. Also, the type of ink cartridges are not compatible with the food coloring cartridges. You can use your own computer, your printer for frosting sheets and the Silhouette to cut out your own designs. It works great and I use the print and cut feaature with my Silhouette all the time now.

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 4:32am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniekaye

I looked at the Imagine and I don't think you would be able to run a frosting sheet or gum paste through it. Also, the type of ink cartridges are not compatible with the food coloring cartridges. You can use your own computer, your printer for frosting sheets and the Silhouette to cut out your own designs. It works great and I use the print and cut feaature with my Silhouette all the time now.

Oooh... can you tell me more about the "print and cut feature".. how does that work? Can the Cricut Cake do something similiar?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%