Need Help With Timeline For 200 Cookie Order

Baking By tsal Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 2:01pm by tsal

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I'm baking 200 cookies for a charity event. The have to be delivered on a Sunday morning (it's in November). I'd like to do as much as possible in advance.

I'm going to use the NFSC recipe, flood them with RI and then pipe on details.

Can I bake the cookies in advance and freeze them? Also, if I flood them Thurs and then decorate on Friday, will they still taste fresh on Sunday?

How do you bakers schedule your time for something like this?

3 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 4

yes, you can freeze them - either before or after frosting. Here are some threads on that topic.

freezing cookies
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633905.html

freezing & using RI
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-632656.html

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:44am
post #3 of 4

Careful planning. Do you want to have fresh cookies or frozen?

If fresh you can get organised with a great thread on Karens forum called 'cookiers r us'. (I only found this site thru a mention on this forum to buys stuff.) Thanks to whoever posted it... It is called. -What-do-YOU-do-to-save-time. Has some great tips.

Plus you need to know how much time you have to do it in. for example just before the event, do you have 2 days of 6 hours just for decorating and bagging etc? I normally pick about 5 days out to make it easy on yourself to make your dough, next day bake and make your icing colours, then decorate? If you only have a couple of hours here and there, its probably best to start sooner to see how long its going to take to make one batch from start to finish. Then plan out your time. Remember you can freeze the cookies and dough if that helps. When doing large batches, i try and calculate the time, then add at least an extra 3 hours, which I always end up needing.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! This is a true first for me so I'm a little nervous!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%