Cricut Cake

Decorating By FleurDeCake Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 4:40pm by madgeowens

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 10

Can someone tell me how I can cut a full name at one time from the cricut cake machine. i can get one latter at a time but i need to know how i can get the whole name at once

9 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 10

Are you trying to cut each individual letter, like A D A M, or are you trying to cut the name with the letters attached, kind of like cursive?

FleurDeCake Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:14am
post #3 of 10

Ideally I would like to cut the letters out attached if possible , but if not I would like to just be able to cut the entire name like "Adam" all at the same time

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 10

If you are using a cricut cartridge wth letters you would need to use the design studio program to connect the letters. If you have make the cut program you can join the letters in it. I use make the cut for all my designs. It is known as MTC. It is very easy to use, you never need to buy cartridges and it is very affordable. You can use any font on your computer or you can go online and get lots of fonts for free.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 10

ditto. Teh Cricut by itself will only cut individual letters. I have Sure Cuts A Lot, which I'm not fond of, but you do need a design program to hook the letters together.

FleurDeCake Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 5:29am
post #6 of 10

Thanks so much for the replies . I was afraid that this would be the case. Going to check out MTC and SCAL

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 5:55am
post #7 of 10

It's what you call "weld" the letters together. Very easy but you do have to get the MTC or Sure Cuts alot. I have them both and love them both. If you own Cricut Design Studio there is the weld option to use on this and you can select one of your alphabet cartridges.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 6:42am
post #8 of 10

in scal where is the weld option...I cannot find t

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 7:10am
post #9 of 10

It's in the property box window. One of the little boxes you get when you start SCAL.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:40pm
post #10 of 10

thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%