Americolor Supplies

Decorating By Darthburn Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 10:11am by jimmers

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 19

Where does everyone order their Americolor from? I once saw a suggestion on here to pick some up on a website... I want to say it was a 10 pieces 9 oz bottles sampler pack (may have been airbrush colors) for like $20. I looked it up, but never bought it. I also want to get some gels... hopefuly for a decent pack and price as well.

So can anyone point a fellow caker that has finally seen the Americolor light find his way?

Thank you everyone! icon_smile.gif

18 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 19

GSA sells Americolor gels. Try googling Americolor Gels and see what else comes up. I buy mine locally, but did research it once, there are several places that sell it.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 19

Do you have a Hobby Lobby nearby? I just saw some Americolors there. Also, I think I heard that Michaels is carrying them now?

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 19

I hate paying shipping but was about to cave b/c I really wanted Americolor when Hobby Lobby started carrying some colors. I love them. Plus my local cake shop (which is in an area that's not really safe and I hate to go) also carries them.

Darthburn Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 19

Well I'm in Bakersfield and we have no local cake decoration suppliers icon_sad.gif so ordering them online is my only choice unless I drive 2 hours to get it. I wish we had a Hoddy Lobby... it's 2 hours north... and Michaels isn't carrying Americolor... at least not in Bakersfield.

Global Sugar Art is a nice site... but wasn't the one I found the Americolor on earlier... hmmm.

Thank you all for the suggestions... I'm still looking! icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 19

I've always used Americolor.org, but I just checked, and it looks like the site is down. icon_sad.gif Hopefully it's just temporary, cause I've always found them to be the least expensive, and have been very happy with their service.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:38am
post #8 of 19

I agree with BlakesCakes - great prices and service.

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:51am
post #9 of 19

The best price I have found is at ******************** - for the 4.5 oz size.

gingerbreadtogo Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:52am
post #10 of 19

******************** dot com - (omit slashes)sorry I guess they are not on good terms with CC

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:23am
post #11 of 19

******************** dot com 4.5oz. $3.95

www.****************** .com. 4.5oz. $3.29

Rae

Darthburn Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:34am
post #12 of 19

Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate the help. I'm so anxious to get some colors and start using them!! Wish me luck! If they help my cakes even slightly I'll be doing great... I need ALL the help I can get! icon_smile.gif

gingerbreadtogo Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:40am
post #13 of 19

Thanks Rae, I'll check them out.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 7:58am
post #14 of 19

I'm pretty sure you can get the multicolor packs of the little bottles on Amazon.

I've never managed to buy any of my supplies online, because I always end up needing whatever it is right away -- no time to order and wait for it to be shipped! Fortunately there are several local stores that carry at least some decent cake stuff, so although I'm sure I could get things cheaper, I'm willing to pay a bit more for the convenience and other advantages of buying locally.

silverc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 9:47pm
post #16 of 19

Rae, Just want to thank you for bringing up fondant-s- Most everything they carry that I need is a little cheaper than my other suppliers.

Thanks to silverc for pointing out the coupon.. I got a good deal today...

Everyone is so helpful on this forum..

Cakesbykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbykaye Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:45am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadtogo

Rae, Just want to thank you for bringing up fondant-s- Most everything they carry that I need is a little cheaper than my other suppliers.

=====================
I'm wanting to place an order from them for Americolor gels....I'm going to get about 8 of the .75 oz bottles and about 6 of the 4.5 oz bottles and 1 of the 13.5 oz bottles....
They are in Florida and I'm in Ky....
any idea what u think it might cost me for shipping approximately??
was mainly wondering am I looking in the range of say $10+ , $20+ or more or less.... just a ball park figure would be helpful...

Cakesbykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbykaye Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:48am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadtogo

=====================
I'm wanting to place an order from them for Americolor gels....I'm going to get about 8 of the .75 oz bottles and about 6 of the 4.5 oz bottles and 1 of the 13.5 oz bottles.... I already added them to my cart and With the discount it comes to $33.34 (pretty awesome Price!!!)
They are in Florida and I'm in Ky.... any idea what u think it might cost me for shipping approximately?? Was mainly wondering am I looking in the shipping price range of say $10+ , $20+ or more or less.... just a ball park figure would be helpful...

I was hoping once I added it all to my cart it would tell me ahead of time...but its just wanting me to pay now...and I do not want to pay before knowing my shipping costs!

jimmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimmers Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 10:11am
post #19 of 19

try vanillafoodcompany.ca I just typed americolor samples in google n it brought that up. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%