Super Enhanced Recipe?

Baking By AnnieCahill Updated 30 Sep 2010 , 6:11pm by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I was looking through the recipes, thinking of what I'd like to experiment with next, when I found this recipe:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1953/super-enhanced-cake-formula

Do any of you use this? My main question is are the measurements correct? I'm seeing a whole cup of butter plus the liquid plus the sour cream. It just seems like it's way to much liquid/oil when you compare it to the original WASC or Rebecca Sutterby's WASC.

It looks tasty, but I just wanted to see if any of you use it for your caking.

Thanks,
AC

4 replies
feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 5

I use it and its sturdy...not as dense or rich as Rebecca's WASC I never made the Original WASC.

I was always having issues with knowing when it was done in the middle with the WASC.

I haven't had that issue with this recipe.

The carters train theme cake in my picture.. I used this recipe..HTH

AnnieCahill Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

So the measurements are correct then? You really do use two sticks of butter to a cake mix? Just wanted to make sure about that!

FYI-the original WASC eliminates all the oil, and Rebecca Sutterby's recipe still has some oil. I have tried both and I agree with you about issues regarding when the cake is done. I have problems with gummy tops as well with that recipe.

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 5

Yes I use the 2 sticks of butter I thought It was a bit much liquid too, but it comes out just fine.

AnnieCahill Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

Ok this is good news. I like recipes with butter because of the flavor, so I wanted to give this one a try.

Thanks so much for your help!

AC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%