Forgot The Vanilla!!

Baking By sweetheart6710 Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 11:04pm by tavyheather

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 7

Baking a 14in cake for the bottom tier of a wedding cake.. and right as I was pulling it out of the oven, I realized I forgot the vanilla extract... I'm using the hersheys recipe. Do you think this will ruin the flavor? It will only be 1 layer (and I won't forget it for the other 2, that's for sure). I already had to throw away the first baked layer because it stuck to the pan icon_cry.gif I can't really afford to start again (unless I have to)... Will I be ok??

6 replies
UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 7

honestly, i think if you add it to the other layers and by the time the filling is in there and the bc is on the outside, and the fact that it's going to be a 1x2xheight inch slice, no one would notice the one layer missing the vanilla...IMHO. i'm not sure if i even would icon_smile.gif i prob. wouldn't rebake again! oh, and i'd prob. put that layer in the middle so it has the most filling around it~

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 7

so it's a chocolate recipe, right? I think you'll be ok. can you sample a scrap to make sure?

tiawanna02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiawanna02 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 7

No its not a problem. If you want to add vanilla flavor you could used a simple syrup flavored with vanilla.

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 7

I tried a new brownie recipe, forgot the vanilla which was 2 tablespoons and I can't imagine how they could have been better. They were devoured in a day and half. I'm sort of afraid to make them with the vanilla. If they are much better we'd have a feeding frenzy.

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all the support. I tasted a little piece, and it isn't too bad. Putting it in the middle is a great idea. I was just so discouraged since I had already ruined the first one this morning. Hopefully this will turn out. Thanks again!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:04pm
post #7 of 7

it'll be fine. I've actually forgot the vanilla in a VANILLA cake recipe..and it still tasted really good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%