Cake Boss "seal Of Approval"

Lounge By Joshua_Alan Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 8:25pm by Joshua_Alan

Joshua_Alan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshua_Alan Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 16

Anyone seen this? The Cake Boss fan page on facebook asked for user's to post pictures of their cakes on the page and they were going to choose 3 to give their "seal of approval". I figured, what could it hurt and added a couple I was proud of and people seem to like them. Odd thing just happened tho, someone tried to tag himself in one of my cake pictures? I don't get why they'd do that unless they wanted to try and save the picture on their page or pass it off as their own cake. Facebook won't let them do it w/o my permission though, so I don't think I'm going to let them, although it's kind of strange and flattering at the same time.

15 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 16

I saw the cake boss thing. I keep meaning to look at dome of the cakes.
But how can someone tag themselves in a photo? I don't know enough about facebook, but I thought they had it where they recognize people in the photo. And wouldn't it look strange to their friends to tag themselves in a photo that does not look lit them? I'm missing something here.

Joshua_Alan Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 16

Well, no you tag photos manually. For instance, if my wife posts pictures of our kids I always tag myself in them so they show up in my photo albums. If I allowed this guy to tag himself in the picture, it would show up in his photo albums.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 16

Got it. I did not know you could do that. I think I will go raid some of my kids photos now. Thanks!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 16

Are there any rules about it having to be "real" cake or is he allowing people to post their "dummy" cakes too?

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_Alan

Anyone seen this? The fan page on facebook asked for user's to post pictures of their cakes on the page and they were going to choose 3 to give their "seal of approval". I figured, what could it hurt and added a couple I was proud of and people seem to like them. Odd thing just happened tho, someone tried to tag himself in one of my cake pictures? I don't get why they'd do that unless they wanted to try and save the picture on their page or pass it off as their own cake. Facebook won't let them do it w/o my permission though, so I don't think I'm going to let them, although it's kind of strange and flattering at the same time.

I had someone try and tag a couple of my cake photos on Facebook. I thought 'oh no you don't, you cheeky so-and-so!!' I thought that they were trying to pass the cake off as their own.

But my nephew explained it's a compliment! It means that everyone on the person's news feed will get to see it... it's a way of saying 'look at this'.

So now, when I put a cake on my group on Facebook, I tag myself and - if I'm friends with the person for whom I made the cake - I tag them, too, so that all their friends and acquaintances will see it (another way of advertising!!)

Suzanne x

fondantgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgirl Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 16

I entered a few of my cakes as well. But there is ALOT of cakes on his page......I think it said over 5,000 pics :O........so I will be super surprised if I get picked there is just way too many and I would think it will be super hard to pick the winners!!! But nothing to lose to try at least!!! Good luck to everyone that has posted their cake pics!!!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 16

I posted a link to my cake on the wall page itself, but not sure how to get it into his photo page? Can anyone help a very computer illiterate person?

mimi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi1218 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 8:06pm
post #9 of 16

another way to alieviate someone passing off your hard work as their cake is to always put "this cake made by (your name here)" or add your website to the description under the photo. That way if someone does somehow get the photo in their album- you will always have control of the description and get credit for your work.

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:15am
post #10 of 16

What exactly is the point of his 'seal of approval'? I mean, does it get you anything or are you just doing it for advertising or to say you got it? Was wondering when I read about it but didn't see anything.

fondantgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgirl Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:11am
post #11 of 16

its just for bragging rights icon_wink.gif........he does amazing work and to have your work acknowledged by him would be awesome icon_smile.gif

Joshua_Alan Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:06pm
post #12 of 16

You know, honestly he does do nice work but I think Chris Russom from Christopher Garren's is the best I've seen on TV. Everything they do is simply amazing in my opinion. Now, I do however think Buddy's show is much more entertaining.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:46pm
post #13 of 16

The cakes posted are all amazing! icon_eek.gif I don't know how they will ever choose one!!! icon_cool.gif

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:48pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_Alan

You know, honestly he does do nice work but I think Chris Russom from Christopher Garren's is the best I've seen on TV. Everything they do is simply amazing in my opinion. Now, I do however think Buddy's show is much more entertaining.

I would agree with you Buddy is more entertainment than actually amazing cakes. They are fantastic and way better than anything I could pull off at this stage but I do like the cakes Chris does better.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:23pm
post #15 of 16

Where can we see Chris's nice work? Online, cc, Tv?

Joshua_Alan Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 8:25pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecerator

Where can we see Chris's nice work? Online, cc, Tv?

http://www.letthemeatcake.net/

or on Amazing Wedding Cakes on WE network, Sundays at 10. The Cake Girls are on that show as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%