Extra High Cake Tiers

Decorating By eve81 Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 10:34am by online_annie

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:04am
post #1 of 4

I am having the hardest time trying to source information on how to stack a high tiered cake. More so how to actually put the tier together to make it 7 or 8 inches high. Im assuming Im going to need dowelling and cake boards in between the layers in each tier because they're so high?

The cake will be covered in fondant. I'll be making a spiced fruit cake, a chocolate cake (recipe to yet to be decided) and a vanilla cake - still undecided as the the recipe on that also and the bride wants high tiers so that will be a 3 tiered cake. Not completely decided on cake tin size either because I'm waiting on confirmation on rsvps.

If anyone can point me to a tutorial or a thread where this has been discussed before I'll be so grateful. I've been googling and using the search function on here, but I cant seem to get past the first page of any search.

Please help icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 4

There's a tutorial on Flickr here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deliciously_decadent/sets/72157621850372685/with/3798619197/

That's the only one I've been able to find.

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:12am
post #3 of 4

That's super! thanks so much for that icon_smile.gif

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:34am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for sharing the tutorial Coral3, I too have been looking for one as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%