All My Recent Orders Lately Are Disasters...

Baking By AnnBland Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 12:53am by Mickeebabe

AnnBland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnBland Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 8

My last 3 orders, all of my cupcake frosting melted. I deliver them fine, but all 3 clients told me they melted on the way home. I'm in California, and it's over 100 degrees here the past few days. I used IMBC for the first 2 batches and a crusting cream cheese frosting for the 3rd.

What's the best type of frosting to use during high heat weathers? This is such a bummer! icon_sad.gif

7 replies
KimmyKakes4Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 8

On the way home? Thought you delivered them. I'm in the hottest are of CA and always use meringue, but I'm really carefuland under no circumstances are my cakes/cupcakes for outdoor functions. I deliver chilled and people bring them temp in their air conditioned homes.

AnnBland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnBland Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 8

Well they have been co-workers so yeah I bring to work and they take it home. I usually have fondant toppers so I'm afraid to put anything in the fridge (to chill as you said) because all my decorations wilt.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 8

Tell them to get the AC going in their vehicles....THEN put the cupcakes
in their cars!!! I think that might make some sense!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 8

KimmyKakes4Me and AnnBland, Where in CA are you gals melting in? I'm in Moreno Valley (SoCal). LOL With this heat, I don't think anything has chance of surviving. Hopefully, it will start to feel like fall rather than summer again.

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

Hi. I'm in CA too and use to have problems with my icing until I started using a recipe by indydebi here on CC. It's super easy to make, easy to use and tastes good too. I always have compliments when I use her recipe.

Give it a try. icon_smile.gif

Where is CA is everyone from? I'm in Bakersfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnBland

My last 3 orders, all of my cupcake frosting melted. I deliver them fine, but all 3 clients told me they melted on the way home. I'm in California, and it's over 100 degrees here the past few days. I used IMBC for the first 2 batches and a crusting cream cheese frosting for the 3rd.

What's the best type of frosting to use during high heat weathers? This is such a bummer! icon_sad.gif

ladyscots07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyscots07 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 8

Mickeebabe, Im in Bakersfield too. I havent had any trouble with mine melting, but I frost at the very last minute and keep in a very cool place.

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #8 of 8

That's great. icon_smile.gif

Where's your favorite place to buy your supplies here in town? I buy a few things from The Cake Crafters on 19th street. (but there always out of the cupcake boxes)

By your name, did you go to Highland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyscots07

Mickeebabe, Im in Bakersfield too. I havent had any trouble with mine melting, but I frost at the very last minute and keep in a very cool place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%