Putting Fresh Roses On Cake.how Do I Do This?

Decorating By LuvLyrics Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 4:26pm by loves2bake

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 6

HI, I tried searching here for the answer, and I had no luck finding it. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can just stick the stem of roses in a cake? I am decorating on only the side of the cake with it.

Thanks
Anna

5 replies
Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 6

No. You do not want to stick the stems of any type of flower directly in a cake. I use flower spikes from Michael's to put my flowers in and then place on the cake. I don't know about you but I would not like to be the one who had the slice of cake with slivers of flower stems in it. Yuck!

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 6

You can also insert the stems into straws and cut them to size. I've done this with gumpaste flowers and it worked well, so it should work with fresh as well.

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:20am
post #4 of 6

Wrap the stem in plastic first and then insert the wrapped stem into a straw. The important thing is that the stem doesn't leak onto the cake. You don't want insecticide getting on the cake.

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for the advice !!... I want to make sure my cake it's safe to eat..

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 6

You're welcome. I can't take credit for this advice though, someone had to share it with me icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%