Cake Safes Saved Me $1000!

Business By tootie0809 Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 8:39pm by Loucinda

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:19pm
post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

You see for me, I would have to buy like 6 or 7 of them....I am curious what they made of (they look like just plastic) and how they are insulated. Also, are they aqward to carry?

As far as the SPS, I would wonder if the plates would be weaked with a hole in them? have you had any crack?

The side panels are like a corrugated plastic, think the kind of plastic in greenhouses. It's very lightweight, but keeps the cake much more temperature controlled and insulated. The base is a very heavy-duty plastic and the top is clear plexiglass. They are not heavy, maybe 12-15 pounds depending on the size you buy.

As for the SPS plates cracking, I also drill the 2-inch hole in mine and the only time I've had any cracking was with the 6-inch plates because they are smaller, but I've noticed cracking only after several uses. The larger plates I haven't noticed hardly any cracking, and when I have noticed it, like I said, it's been after several uses so I just toss the ones that crack.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:43pm
post #32 of 39

I've found that if you sandwich the plate between 2 pieces of wood (sometimes I'll stack up 2 or 3 plates at once) and then clamp it together it solves the cracking issues, even with small 6" round plates!!

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:48pm
post #33 of 39

I also have a cake safe and LOVE IT!!!! It makes delivery so stress free and easy as others have stated 10 minutes tops for delivery. I took a cake to a venue a couple of weeks ago and the servers were so amazed at the cake safe because they had never seen one before. I plan to order at least 2 more.

ladycakes01523 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycakes01523 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 2:44am
post #34 of 39

The Cake Safe just saved me from refunding a wedding cake payment, too! On Saturday I nearly gotten taken out at an intersection on my way to deliver a cake. I've never had a call that close- a minivan pulled out in front of me and I expected the crash and airbags at any moment. Even braking and swerving, I don't know I avoided her- my heart's still pounding! I pulled over to just gather myself, and she pulled up and said, "Sorry, I didn't see you!" And in the back was three tiers stacked in the magic box..... I don't know how the whole box didn't go over. The funny thing is, I almost decided to just pop the cake in the car since I was only going 5 or 6 miles- an easy delivery. But at the last minute I changed my mind and put it in the Cake Safe. Good thing- there's no way it would have survived without it. I am a very grateful (still shaking) lady- that box is the best insurance for ANY delivery situation- even close to home.

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 1:28pm
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Cenell - here you go...

http://cakesafe.com/home/

Scott and Julie are amazing folks to work with!

Thank you and sorry to much college work. LOL

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 1:50pm
post #36 of 39

If you drill a hole through the SPS plate, doesn't that defeat the effect of the little nub that holds the cake cardboard on the SPS plate?

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 3:21pm
post #37 of 39

Since the dowel from the Cake Safes goes all the way through the cake, you don't need the nub from the SPS plates to keep them from sliding or moving. I still use SPS because I love the strenght and ease of them, but I cut the center hole and just use melted chocolate or buttercream to secure the cake to the SPS plate around the hole, then place the cake tier on it and it's secure.

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 7:41pm
post #38 of 39

Sounds like the only way to go. thanks.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 8:39pm
post #39 of 39

You will never regret buying a cake safe, I know that for sure.

If you have an airbrush, you will love the airbrush booth too. I am still in awe at how well that thing works!

Scott, without a doubt, puts a LOT of thought into the details and design of the products he makes. They are all invaluable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%