How Do I Shoot Balls Out Of A Tank Cake?

Decorating By bfp Updated 30 Sep 2010 , 2:30am by diamondsonblackvelvet13

bfp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfp Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 8

My son is turning 7 at the end of Oct. He is all into army men and tanks. So My husband asked that I make him a tank cake this year for his birthday. The only thing is he wants it to shoot balls out like a real tank icon_surprised.gif I love the idea but have no clue of how to make it work. I would love any ideas on how to do this please!

Thank you

7 replies
rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 8

I'm thinking you might want to take apart a real toy to see how it works. hopefully you can use the part that makes it do that

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 8

This sounds like a question for Doug. He's usually pretty good at structure/mechanics stuff.

Lakelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lakelover Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:22am
post #4 of 8

What about a small marshmallow shooter?

bfp Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:04am
post #5 of 8

I've looked for marshmallow shooters around my area and can not find one. I'm going to keep looking. The only thing is I need something that will go threw the cake and have a pump or some kind of triger on the side or back of the cake?
Poohsmomma, Who is Doug?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:19am
post #6 of 8

Here's a mini marshmallow shooter.
http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?type=Product&quantity=1&itemNumber=28105

I googled "marshmallow shooter" and "mini marshmallow shooter", and got lots of results.

bfp Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:25am
post #7 of 8

Thank you for finding the marshmallow shooter. Do you have any ideas of how I would shoot it off with it being inside the cake? Is there something I could hook up that would stick outside the side or back of the cake and when you press it, it would trigger the shooter? I'm not very good at this kind of stuff icon_smile.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:30am
post #8 of 8

Another idea for you is to use a vinyl tube. Use a hollow dowel or what have you for the gun. Run the tube thru the dowel. The other end you run it thru the cake. Make the tube long enough so that you can blow thru the other end. I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%